2K10 First Flaw

LoGatto

LG, I'm going to hold off on this "flaw" until the final product. That video came from a very old build of the game, probably somewhere around January. I'll give 2K the benefit of the doubt on this (not defending them in any way), as the same thing can be said of early videos of this year's The Show had the same thing. Check the pic of Granderson on the Yankees taken from a January video of The Show at CES.

We have all the right to be skeptical of 2K because of the last year's fiasco of a game, but I'm not jumping to conclusions based on video from an old build of a game.

This is why I say when companies release early gameplay videos of games, especially sports games... they need to but a disclaimer at the top saying something to the effect: "This is from a xx/xx/xx build of the game, and not the final product".

Youtube link to the Granderson video: http://www.youtube.com/watch#playnext=1&playnext_from=TL&videos=vcHz32PK_LE&v=MV1YjmpEng8

post-30931-12666831451_thumb.jpg

Not only that, but even MVP didn't have all of the players with updated photos if memory serves me. I know High Heat didn't always.

I think sometimes we get a little to critical of some of the small things. Yes, we have been spoiled by how great MVP was after some modding, but it wasn't perfect out of the box.

So long as game play is good, bugs are minimal (and hopefully fixed with a patch), and the game looks good, I think that is what is important (at least for the on the field stuff).

yeah things like portraits and rosters i imagine are the last things they work on before they ship the actual game because of so many changes that takes place while they are developing the game.Even after release there are going to be changes that 2k have no control over.Also teams have to update thier portraits as well in order for 2k to have the correct one,im not sure if 2k gets thier portraits from official team pages or some place else

• 2 weeks later...

Archived