2K9 Versus 2K10, You Be The Judge

LoGatto

2k9 was buggy and we waited a long time to get a patch, consols did get a second patch but PC did not. As of now I can play the pc game to point. NBA 10 is also waiting for a patch since the summer. The show has already released 2 patches to correct this seasons game as I saw on a different site.

2k10 said they fixed all 2k9 bugs, great but they did not fix any of the 2k10 bugs 35 and still counting,it amazes me how they actually come on and show how the game has improved and all their developers show playing the game and not one saw any of these bugs we see? I guess the patch they are making is 2k11. This company continues to release games with all this issues and makes you wait and hope for months for a patch to fix them. 2k9 was not fixed are you expecting 2k10 to be?

I really hope they do fix the game as it does look really good and sound good. I had purchased the game but after seeing the issues decided to cancel my order and wait and see mode, I will still continue to play 2k9 pc version where things are actually working for me so far.

2k10 is much better than 2k9 by far. it still has its bugs here and there but the cpu stopped making AMAZING plays on every grounder hit within 15 feet of them and id rather take the amount of bloop hits and gappers in 2k10 than the fact there were virtually none in 2k9. simulation stats are still off and still favor the hitters over pitchers, but not as bad as 2k9 again. its worth playing to say the least

2K10 is leaps and bounds above 2K9. And yes there may be some bugs, but games like HH2003, MVP 2004 which are well regarded have had bugs of their own. Don't forget MVP 2005 had to have 2 patches basically before it was fixed.

2K has said that they are going to get to work on a patch right away and asked the users specifically what needed to be fixed. I don't recall them reaching out that much for 2K9...

Keep in mind they've publicized the heck out of 2K10 and used MLB players to do it. I even saw a spot for it on Spike last night by a TNA wrestler who was plugging the product. If 2K does nothing to fix these problems after all the publicity, I think it could be the beginning of the end of the company. They know they've got to fix these things or they are pretty much done.

So let's see what happens before we completely trash the game and company.

I know it's hard to give them the benefit of the doubt, but they seem to be taking a different approach this year...

2k9 was like paying to get kicked in the balls. 2k10 is like a shiatsu massage: sometimes painful, but in the end you feel pretty good.

Good way of putting it.Here the latest patch update, there goes those balls again.

I own 2k5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and now 10. I love 2k baseball games. Even after last year, this is the 1st time I'm considering buying a whole new system (ps3), just to play the show. On top of this, 2k is talking about a MID APRIL PATCH?! MID APRIL?! Mid March is acceptable, end of march is ok, April 1st is pushing it, MID APRIL, not ok. Devoted 2k players like myself have waited for two years for an improved game. 2 YEARS. Yes, after 2 years another month and a half hurts. Get it together or stop making games.

Archived