Mod Tool

mcoll

i think it was big o, that said to fully see the parts of the unifor in win7 you need to to use the nba mod tool and got it, but not sure where throws files need to go so i can and extract the peices of uniforms for editing. there a couple things i'd to fix and trying coveriting my designs to this game. im interested to see what some work would look like in this one.

i think it was big o, that said to fully see the parts of the unifor in win7 you need to to use the nba mod tool and got it, but not sure where throws files need to go so i can and extract the peices of uniforms for editing. there a couple things i'd to fix and trying coveriting my designs to this game. im interested to see what some work would look like in this one.

Okay here's a crash course in the Editor:

When you unpack that file you'll find the Editor is a .jar file meaning you have to have Java installed to use it.

First find the .iff file you are looking to change and copy it to another folder and rename the orginal to a .bak instead of .iff. Next open the .jar file and once in the program, open the iff file you copied. It will automatically decompress it for you and open in the editor.

Now you'll see a list of entries underneath the file you opened in the left column. You'll see each one of those parts may or may not contain subfiles as you click on each one.

If it does you'll see the Subfile dropdown below populate and then you can select which graphic you want to edit.

When you have the graphic you want, click the Export Res button.

it will ask you to save it somewhere in a .DDS format.

You'll need either Photoshop or Gimp to edit the .DDS file as they have free plugins available.

Once you edit and save the .DDS file, you can select that file you want to change again in the editor and choose ImportRes and select your DDS file you want to change. It should import into the file and then you can close the editor and copy that file back to your 2K10 folder.

A couple tips:

Say the part you want has a 10 in front of it and the subfile is 34, I'd name the DDS file "10-34.dds" to avoid confusion when you want to reimport.

Also a lot of the graphics are using bump mapping in this version for the lighting effects in the game, the uniforms especially. So if you edit the graphic, you have to edit the bumpmap that goes with it to correspond with the change.

I hope this helps...

that what i needed and getting started, sort of. right now i got ucome up with a base for some it. it seems like every team as a off wite base for the home using some color of there team color, and that's a sligh problem.

Archived