No More 2K10

cm3rowland

Hey wondering if anyone has had any problems with 2k10 not opening. I installed last and played arround for a minute or two and then for a hour or so this morning. Then i just tried to open it and it flashes to a window and closes. Checked regedit for something strange there but nothing went to cd setup file and tried to repair but it did not work. Now i've uninstalled it and am reinstalling it so hope that works but if theres another fix i would love to hear about it. Also is there a way to make the buttons show 360 controller buttons in game if i ever get it back?

First thing i did was allow it through firewall and AVG is my security and can't find how to block or unblock a program.

When you uninstall 2K10, make sure you remove the remnants left in the "My Documents" area as well, which is where your rosters, profiles, franchises, etc are kept. Uninstalling only takes out the part that installs under "Program Files". After I downloaded the "living rosters", I began to experience crashing problems with the game, so it could be one of the items in this folder causing your problem.

Hey wondering if anyone has had any problems with 2k10 not opening. I installed last and played arround for a minute or two and then for a hour or so this morning. Then i just tried to open it and it flashes to a window and closes. Checked regedit for something strange there but nothing went to cd setup file and tried to repair but it did not work. Now i've uninstalled it and am reinstalling it so hope that works but if theres another fix i would love to hear about it. Also is there a way to make the buttons show 360 controller buttons in game if i ever get it back?

I went through this the day I got the game. In my case, my dvd rom went south on me. How I figured that out was I played a regular cd and it worked fine. Then I tried a dvd movie to see if it would read it and it wouldn't. I tried all the things you tried, regedit, rebooting, everything. Finally went to the store and bought another cd/dvd rom player and bam!!! fixed the problem. Also another good program for uninstalling things is Revo Uninstaller, it's free and it will find any remaining file fragments of the software you are uninstalling.

if there are any computer guys out there heres the files that windows is giving me. I do not understand any of this but maybe someone will. The error history lists this as a compatability problem. there is also a TAB.tmp file it is giving me but cant open that one.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?>

<DATABASE>

<EXE NAME="mlb2k10.exe" FILTER="GRABMI_FILTER_PRIVACY">

<MATCHING_FILE NAME="mlb2k10.exe" SIZE="21262336" CHECKSUM="0xCFD3C792" BIN_FILE_VERSION="1.0.1.1" BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="1.0.1.1" PRODUCT_VERSION="1.00" FILE_DESCRIPTION="2K Sports Major League Baseball 2K10" COMPANY_NAME="2K Sports" PRODUCT_NAME="2K Sports Major League Baseball 2K10" FILE_VERSION="1.00" ORIGINAL_FILENAME="majorleaguebaseball2k10.exe" INTERNAL_NAME="majorleaguebaseball2k10.exe" LEGAL_COPYRIGHT="Copyright © 2K Sports. All rights reserved." VERDATEHI="0x0" VERDATELO="0x0" VERFILEOS="0x40004" VERFILETYPE="0x1" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x0" LINKER_VERSION="0x0" UPTO_BIN_FILE_VERSION="1.0.1.1" UPTO_BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="1.0.1.1" LINK_DATE="02/13/2010 02:31:18" UPTO_LINK_DATE="02/13/2010 02:31:18" VER_LANGUAGE="Language Neutral [0x0]" />

</EXE>

</DATABASE>

Archived