Attention Computer Geeks

Vikrant

My computer:

Intel Pentium D CPU 3.40GHz

2.0 Gigs of RAM

NVidia GeForce 7900 GS with 256 MB RAM GDDR3

My issues:

Between plays, like after the play is over, I'm experiencing some choppiness. When batter is introduced and walks up to plate, sometimes that transitional blue laser beam get stuck for 1-2 seconds. Camera panning around at things like 3rd base coach giving signs is choppy sometimes. Basically, when ball is not in play, those fancy close-ups and animations are choppy. I'm benchmarked at 58 FPS.

Will a new video card eliminate this choppiness? How much do I need to spend? I like NVidia so I think I want to stick with them. I have a PCI Express slot.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

first what os are running?

second the 2gb ram is likely the issue. that fair ,but i'd up if you can, that is ok, but not grate as a lot of that is getting used by resoruces and other programs. i'd start there. and yes the vid card could be an issue i i forget right now whatthe specs call for in the vid card, but the ram is liekly being used and slowing down things.

I could be your processor or ram. But I am going to go with the video card. Needs an upgrade. I have triple core @ 2.1 GHZ and 9800GT 1GB video card and it runs smooth. Running it on Windows 7 x64

So, I would say it's your graphics card holding you back a bit.

I would have to agree. The specs recommend a 7900GT or better, so a new video card may certainly help. I'm running a Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, and a 9600GTOC and run great with settings maxed. When I bought it a year or so ago, it only ran me about 140 bucks. In the meantime, I would try lowering the settings and see if that improves the situation. If it does, sure sign you got a GPU bottleneck.

What is your screen resolution set to in the game? I had the same problem and mine was set to 1920x1200. I lowered it to 800x600 and I'm very smooth now between plays and during cut scenes. Try that and see if it was it...

Good point. I have mine set to 1600x1200. Real high resolutions can lead to low FPS if you don't have the beefy GPU to support it. But then again, a good excuse to upgrade is always excellent :D

My computer:

Intel Pentium D CPU 3.40GHz

2.0 Gigs of RAM

NVidia GeForce 7900 GS with 256 MB RAM GDDR3

My issues:

Between plays, like after the play is over, I'm experiencing some choppiness. When batter is introduced and walks up to plate, sometimes that transitional blue laser beam get stuck for 1-2 seconds. Camera panning around at things like 3rd base coach giving signs is choppy sometimes. Basically, when ball is not in play, those fancy close-ups and animations are choppy. I'm benchmarked at 58 FPS.

Will a new video card eliminate this choppiness? How much do I need to spend? I like NVidia so I think I want to stick with them. I have a PCI Express slot.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Before you spend money on a new card I'd suggest a couple of things: first, like somebody said already, make sure you're not playing above 1280x1024 resolution, that card won't be able to handle more than that. Also, make sure you got the latest drivers, a lot of times that solves a lot of graphical issues.

Archived