Pitching Logistics

DaveCenker

I think I understand the basic idea for throwing an effective pitch, but I want to be sure I am at least carrying out the right steps. After selecting a pitch, let's say that the initial move is to the left (9 o'clock position) followed by a circular motion counter-clockwise to the 3 o'clock position.

Is this the correct sequence of movements to follow?

1. Move the LS to the left (9 o'clock position)

2. Hold the LS in this position until the pitch meter reaches maximum size and illuminates gold/red color

3. Begin a circular movement counter-clockwise until you reach the 3 o'clock position and hold it there until the pitch is released

I throw so many wild pitches that it seems like I *must* be doing something wrong. I seem to be able to throw the fastball and changeup OK since these are all linear movements, but anything else (slider, curveball, sinker, etc) and you better not be in the batter box for fear of Rick Vaughn Major Leauge Wild Thing stuff.

Any help would be appreciated as the "manual" doesn't really give you any clue as to what you are supposed to do ... thanks!

If you are throwing so many, it may mean you are doing the sequence in reverse order. The times i have thrown a WP it was because I did the opposite of what was indicated.

Example...Change of pace...sequence is up stick first and then down stick. However, doing down and then up causes a WP for sure. That is the only thought I have on what causes you to make so many wild pitches.

The different pitching mechanism (with better gesture recognition) takes some time to master.

For me, I had to find my effective pitches, which were: Sinker, Curveball, Circle Change, 4 Seam Fastball, Changeup and Knuckleball.

For some reason I cannot throw at all: Slider, Cut Fastball, 2 Seam Fastball. Any of these pitches will give me a wild pitch.

I haven't tried Screwball, Eupheus, or the Forkball, so don't know about those.

What difficult are you playing on as well? You may want to lower the circle timing as that may be one of the issues.

I guess I have sort of answered my own question after a little bit of research, but I figured I would post it here so that if and when someone else has a question about the same thing, there is a point of reference. This short YouTube video does a good job of explaining both the pitching and batting mechanics within the game ...

Pitching/Batting Mechanics

Don't always trust what the game shows you the motion is.

If you pitch with Verlander of the Tigers,the game says he throws a circle change.the game shows it as up then circle left to the bottom.When it is really up then down like a normal changeup.if you follow what the game shows it results in a bad gesture.

edit=in the pitching drill it says changeup not circlechange.

Don't always trust what the game shows you the motion is.

If you pitch with Verlander of the Tigers,the game says he throws a circle change.the game shows it as up then circle left to the bottom.When it is really up then down like a normal changeup.if you follow what the game shows it results in a bad gesture.

edit=in the pitching drill it says changeup not circlechange.

Yep and you can also do the same for sliders as well. Going from 9 o'clock to 3 o'clock or vice-versa, without making the circle around from side to side. Try it, it works.

The different pitching mechanism (with better gesture recognition) takes some time to master.

For me, I had to find my effective pitches, which were: Sinker, Curveball, Circle Change, 4 Seam Fastball, Changeup and Knuckleball.

For some reason I cannot throw at all: Slider, Cut Fastball, 2 Seam Fastball. Any of these pitches will give me a wild pitch.

I haven't tried Screwball, Eupheus, or the Forkball, so don't know about those.

What difficult are you playing on as well? You may want to lower the circle timing as that may be one of the issues.

What controller do you have? I have a round casing for the right stick on my PS3, and so I can throw a slider and 2 seamer brilliantly, but a sinker is absolute death. I remember that I had the opposite problem last year with my logitech PC controller which had a square housing, which would make the sinker easy.

What controller do you have? I have a round casing for the right stick on my PS3, and so I can throw a slider and 2 seamer brilliantly, but a sinker is absolute death. I remember that I had the opposite problem last year with my logitech PC controller which had a square housing, which would make the sinker easy.

I have a Logitech Dual Action.

From what I've noticed, it seems like as long as you start and end in the right locations, it doesn't really matter. I've taken to ignoring the rotation and just going point to point and it hasn't seemed to affect any pitches I've seen yet.

• 2 weeks later...

From what I've noticed, it seems like as long as you start and end in the right locations, it doesn't really matter. I've taken to ignoring the rotation and just going point to point and it hasn't seemed to affect any pitches I've seen yet.

i'll start trying that

Archived