Runners Don'T Tag Up ?

Mike Z

So, this is queer. Runners on third don't automatically tag up on a deep fly ball. Instead, they lead off third base, like it might drop, even on fly balls that have no chance of droppin' cause the outfielder is underneath the ball waiting to catch it.

It's kind of annoying to watch. Does anyone agree ?

So, this is queer. Runners on third don't automatically tag up on a deep fly ball. Instead, they lead off third base, like it might drop, even on fly balls that have no chance of droppin' cause the outfielder is underneath the ball waiting to catch it.

It's kind of annoying to watch. Does anyone agree ?

Yeah I totally agree, this is really frustrating, I had runners on 2nd and 3rd, 1 out and I hit a deep fly ball to RF and the runners didnt tag up.

This also cost me a few runs....Then I decided, the heck with the computer, I'm going to take over.

Now with runners on base and a fly ball hit fairly deep, I hit the "return to base" button (on the 360...right stick for one runner...right bumper for all runners).

Then when the ball is caught, I have one or all advance...Have to be alert and not forget to take control but it has worked for me.

This also cost me a few runs....Then I decided, the heck with the computer, I'm going to take over.

Now with runners on base and a fly ball hit fairly deep, I hit the "return to base" button (on the 360...right stick for one runner...right bumper for all runners).

Then when the ball is caught, I have one or all advance...Have to be alert and not forget to take control but it has worked for me.

TKS is correct, the player is responsible for tagging up. Once you become used to it, it's actually a decent/challenging element of the game.

TKS is correct, the player is responsible for tagging up. Once you become used to it, it's actually a decent/challenging element of the game.

Agree...It is a challenge and does make the game more interesting.

The other day I had a runner thrown out at third after tagging up....Obviously I'm not much of a thirdbase coach.

But then again, I was trying to advance with Geovany Soto...Guess he didn't lose that much weight afterall. :rolleyes:

Agree...It is a challenge and does make the game more interesting.

The other day I had a runner thrown out at third after tagging up....Obviously I'm not much of a thirdbase coach.

But then again, I was trying to advance with Geovany Soto...Guess he didn't lose that much weight afterall. :rolleyes:

I hit a deep ball near the warning track and my runner at 3rd base ACTUALLY DID TAG UP on his own.

I hit a deep ball near the warning track and my runner at 3rd base ACTUALLY DID TAG UP on his own.

It's hit and miss like every other aspect of this game. I've already retired it. I'm not gonna deal with this caliber of game in 2010. It shouldn't be like this at this point in the game. 2K Sports has been makin' MLB video games for like a decade. It should be a much better game by now..

I just have one problem with the game so far: can't double switch properly in National League Game. I've already searched the threads on here and people say you can do it, but I think that's only for American League.

When the Sacfly don´t fly deep enough into the outfield then the runners on base speculating for a possible error. When the AI thinks the Sacfly is deep enough then the AI-Runner will tagging up and try to run to the next base without any problems. So, the AI-Logic is NOT broken in my opinion (nearly 100 Games played so far).

Archived