Moding Ads.."Clear Backrounds" Possible?

bigwhit

So for the other Modders out there, i was wondering if there was a way, to not have to put in a background color when changing an ad. I tried doing this and It will leave it white instead of defaulting to the wall color or what not. Does anybody now how to do this, without trying very hard to match up the wall file into an ad file?

Thanks

Steve

not real sure but did u try this,use the eraser tool to erase the background and see what that gives u

I am using paint.net to mod ads. I have tried "cutting out" (highlighting and deleting hole ad, but it would still put a white background.

ads in stadiums are dxt1

So i guess this means its not possible? Or do i need to use Photoshop and work with layers?

this is semi-related.

I was getting partially transparent stadiums when I turned on MSAA in the advanced video options.

I changed my ATI 3D settings to optimal quality, and it fixed it.

What editor are you using? I know that when i tried to directly import the dds file back from paint.net it would give a "transparant" effect over the old add. Basically i had to export to a bmp file and us the .iff editor from 2k9.

What editor are you using? I know that when i tried to directly import the dds file back from paint.net it would give a "transparant" effect over the old add. Basically i had to export to a bmp file and us the .iff editor from 2k9.

I haven't modded anything. I just changed my video settings.

Archived