Baseball Comes To Hawaii

Greg Putnam

San Diego Padres have moved to Honolulu. Play begins shortly at Arizona. Many, many, many mahalos to Jace552 for his tireless devotion to this project. I only had the idea, he did all the heavy lifting as far as doing the actual mod work. So I am forever in his gratitude for taking this on for me.

post-71307-127048862919_thumb.jpg

D-Backs 4, Sun Rays 3

The Arizona Diamondbacks, Monday afternoon, took a 4-0 lead into the 7th inning on a 3-run homer by Colby Rasmus and a solo shot by Ivan Rodriguez then held on for a one-run, opening day win over Honolulu.

Honolulu 3 12 0

Arizona 4 12 0

att - 49,033

• 1 month later...

{2010 SUN RAYS BASEBALL - Game 48}

SUN RAYS 3, NATIONALS 2 (13 INNINGS)

HONOLULU, HI - Tony Gwynn drops a two-out, bases-loaded, bloop single into short right field in the bottom of the 13th inning to lift the Sun Rays to a 3-2 victory over the Washington Nationals tonight at NCL Stadium. The win is the clubs 3rd straight win, improving their record to 25-23. But the Sun Rays still trail NL West leading San Francisco Giants by 3.5 games.

{SUN RAYS BASEBALL} HONOLULU - The Sun Rays get a one-out run in the bottom of the first and make it standup for a 1-0 victory over the Washington Nationals tonight at NCL Stadium. It's the 4th straight for the homestanding Sun Rays as they improve to 26-23 for the season. Series finale is tomorrow afternoon at 1:05pm.

{SUN RAYS BASEBALL} HONOLULU - Nick Hundley and Kyle Blanks hit solo homeruns to lead the Sun Rays to a 3-1 win and a sweep of the Washington Nationals this afternoon at NCL Stadium. The win extends their winning streak to five, and they are 5 of 6 so far on the homestand. The New York Mets come to town tomorrow night for the first of three.

Just imagine being a East Coast team. That would be awful!

Best of luck with your progress!

Can you imagine what our travel rigors must be like, and we're getting ready to make a swing to Philadelphia? Thanks for following us.

{SUN RAYS BASEBALL} HONOLULU - Breaking out the big sticks, the Sun Rays launched four homeruns on the way to a 10-4 whipping of the NL East leading New York Mets today at NCL Stadium. Their sixth straight win, the Sun Rays improve to 28-23 and pull to within 0.5 games of NL West leading San Francisco.

I would love to if I only knew how. A lot of folks have been requesting. Is it easy for a computer idiot like me?

Yes it is very easy. Just follow these simple steps.

1. Download a program called FRAPS. You can get it right here.

2. Install it.

3. Before you go into 2k10 to play your next game be sure to start up Fraps BEFORE you get into it. Check out the hotkey that you have to press to capture a screenshot and a hot key to record a video. If you do not like the default hot keys assigned for each of these you can change them to something you like.

4. Once you get into 2k10 you will see Fraps loaded up on the upper left hand side of the screen (that is the default.)

5. Once are you are in the game and playing it and you want to take a screenshot, hit the hot key assigned for it and it will save it automatically for you.

6. When you are done you can upload your image (s) to IMAGESHACK and you can put them in this thread. That's it.

{SUN RAYS BASEBALL} HONOLULU - Behind a pair of doubles by catcher Henry Blanco and another one by Jason Bay, the New York Mets snap the Sun Rays six-game winning streak, beating them 5-1 tonight at NCL Stadium. While the Sun Rays drop to 28-24, they remain a 0.5 game behind the NL West leading San Francisco Giants. The rubber game and homestand finale are tomorrow night at 7:05.

{SUN RAYS BASEBALL} HONOLULU - The Sun Rays smack three solo homeruns but it's not enough to overcome five early runs by the Mets as New York takes the rubber game of the series 5-3 tonight at NCL Stadium. The Sun Rays now hit the road for a seven game trip to Philadelphia and New York.

{SUN RAYS BASEBALL} PHILADELPHIA - After a two hour rain delay, the Sun Rays come out swinging with solo homeruns by Kyle Blanks and Chase Headley. But the grand slam by Shane Victorino proves to be the difference for the Phillies as they coast to a 7-4 victory. The third loss in a row drops the Sun Rays to 28-26 for the season.

{SUN RAYS BASEBALL} PHILADELPHIA - Raul Ibanez hits 4-for-5 tonight with a pair of homeruns for the Phillies, but it's not enough as Kyle Blanks also hits a pair homeruns to lead the Sun Rays to a 10-4 win tonight at Citizens Bank Park. The win snaps a 3-game losing streak and improves the Sun Rays 2010 record to 29-26. The series continues tomorrow afternoon at 1:05pm.

I guess my instructions for taking screenshots in here was a waste.

No No. I'm on dialup. I haven't had a chance to get to a wifi location yet. I will. If you go to my facebook page "Greg Putnam" I've got some pictures there.

No No. I'm on dialup. I haven't had a chance to get to a wifi location yet. I will. If you go to my facebook page "Greg Putnam" I've got some pictures there.

The good news is that it is a very small download. It's a little utility that is really handy. But you'll find that out once you start messing around with it.

{SUN RAYS BASEBALL} PHILADELPHIA - Chase Utley hits a pair of homeruns, including one that one-hopped against the front gate of the stadium, to lead the Phillies to a 6-5 victory today over the Sun Rays at Citizens Bank Park. The Sun Rays, who have now lost 4 of their last 5, drop to 29-27 for the season. The series finale is tomorrow night at 7:05 pm. I'm trying to get you some pictures, but I need to register FRAPS to get jpegs to post. It won't let me convert without.

{SUN RAYS BASEBALL} PHILADELPHIA - On the strength of two big innings, four runs in the fifth, and three huge insurance runs in the ninth, the Sun Rays secure a split with the Phillies before a national tv audience on ESPN. The final score was Sun Rays 8, Phillies 5. Adrian Gonzalez extends his hitting streak to 21 as the Sun Rays improve to 30-27.

How do I post to imageshak and then get it back and post it here? Also, I would like to have one of those fancy mastheads like the guys who have the Oakland and Cubs franchises. Who creates those?

1. Go to Imageshack. This is what their main page looks like:

2. Next, pick one of the saved screenshots you got from Fraps. (1) Then click on the UPLOAD NOW icon to upload it to Imageshack.

3. Once that is done you get to a screen that looks like this:

You see what I have circled there? The DIRECT LINK part? Right click your mouse and highlight COPY LINK LOCATION and you will have the address to where your image has been uploaded at.

4. Then all you got to do is attach that image to your message and you are done. You do that like this:

You click on this highlighted icon in the posting area on this board and paste the address in there and you are done.

That is it.

And to get the fancy headers like they have in the other franchises you need to know Photoshop. Can't help you there.

Last night I ran into a problem trying to update my rosters. It locked up my game and I had to start all over. So forget all of the previous accounts. I have resimmed up to tonight and will resume reporting Sun Rays baseball, but the win-loss records and everything will be different. Just wanted to give a heads-up.

Archived