Stealing? How Is It Done?

packersfan

I'm playing with Brewers in Franchise Mode and I have Weeks, Gomez, and Escobar all threats on the basepaths (at least in SuperSim). When playing the game personally I can't steal at all...even attempt. I'll tell my player to go and the pitcher will just step off and get me into a run down every time. It was really fun in MVP 2005 being able to get a single with a guy like Weeks and then move him over via steal into scoring position. Now when this is even more necessary with the difficulty I have from time to time scoring runs it would be great to steal some bases considering my team is in the top three in steals, but the only time they get steals in when I sim...I play 1 out of every three games, so it is an impressive number of steals, but NONE when I play because I can't do it. Am I doing it wrong? Or is this a bug that the pitcher keeps catching my third base coach's signs for the steal? I'm fine getting the occasional picked off or caught stealing, but EVERY TIME I try to steal the pitcher just steps off and catches me stealing...how often does that happen in real life (not EVERY TIME).

Any help would be great, Thanks.

packersfan...

From your description, it appears you are trying to steal BEFORE the pitcher begins his move to the plate. If you are doing that, obviously the pitcher can merely step off the rubber and your runner will be a dead duck.

Don't release your runner until you see the pitcher make a move to the plate. Assuming you are using a controller, keep the trigger down until you see some type of movement....Having said that, it still is very difficult to steal due to all the opponent's catchers have been given exceptionally strong arms by the CPU.

In order to even up the odds a bit, what I did is go into the editor and....for your faster players, edit his acceleration number to the high 90s and up his speed to the higher 80s. Also (and this takes a little more time to do) go into the opponent's player editor and find the team catchers....Go into the editor and find his fielding skills....Lower arm strength, throwing accuracy and anticipation numbers to the low 40s or high 30s.

Play around with these numbers until you are satisified but I think you'll find your better base stealers will be successful about 75% to 85% of the time which is more realsitic.

as tks says u can up the acceleration and speed on each player that u want to change.I havnt needed to do anything to the opposing catchers strength though.I get thrown out maybe once every 12- 13 attempts if that.

Go to ur settings also and set ur baserunning speed ,i have mine set at 90. PO success at 25 and catchers throw out success at 30

I have even stolen home.I get out most when im leading off of 2nd base and the pitcher nails me a lot

So I just hold down the trigger to steal and don't release it until the pitcher makes a move? I felt like this is what I've been doing...holding down the trigger and keep holding it and the pitcher just steps off every time and catches my guy...I'll try your suggestions and see if anything works...

as tks says u can up the acceleration and speed on each player that u want to change.I havnt needed to do anything to the opposing catchers strength though.I get thrown out maybe once every 12- 13 attempts if that.

Go to ur settings also and set ur baserunning speed ,i have mine set at 90. PO success at 25 and catchers throw out success at 30

I have even stolen home.I get out most when im leading off of 2nd base and the pitcher nails me a lot

I just left mine on allstar settings its all in who you try and run against. You steal off the pitcher in this game. For and example play the Tampa Bay Rays and put Shields pitching. Even from the stretch he moves his glove before his leg kick. Take off as soon as you see the glove move and you can steal with anyone off him.Watch the pitchers before you attempt a steal, go on ones that have a hitch to their windup. You will have much better success.Im leading the league in my chise in steals, have stolen 35 in 30 games. Had an 11 steal game against Shields.

I just left mine on allstar settings its all in who you try and run against. You steal off the pitcher in this game. For and example play the Tampa Bay Rays and put Shields pitching. Even from the stretch he moves his glove before his leg kick. Take off as soon as you see the glove move and you can steal with anyone off him.Watch the pitchers before you attempt a steal, go on ones that have a hitch to their windup. You will have much better success.Im leading the league in my chise in steals, have stolen 35 in 30 games. Had an 11 steal game against Shields.

Another good suggestion...I'll have to see if I was just stealing wrong...

Another good suggestion...I'll have to see if I was just stealing wrong...

Yea just take the 3 step lead and take off when you see his glove move. You will sit there for a second going damn its easy to steal in this game lol. I steal on Pitchouts on Shields.

So I just hold down the trigger to steal and don't release it until the pitcher makes a move? I felt like this is what I've been doing...holding down the trigger and keep holding it and the pitcher just steps off every time and catches my guy...I'll try your suggestions and see if anything works...

If the pitcher does make a move towards 1st, don't let go of the trigger and your runner will go back to the base.

With runners on first and third, you can usually steal second easily. Most of the time (unless they do a pitchout), the catcher will throw to third.

This is in my player mode. It may or may not be the same in franchise mode.

Its the same in franchise 2cnd base is a gimmie if you have a runner on third.

well, that's no suprise couse most infielders don't try to tag you out. guess they all have bad backs or something. this is especially frustrating when making throws to third or home plate. in some situations fielder will get the ball in glove standing on third, and baserunner will still be running staning up. then he'll start to slide and your guy will stand there, looking poeticly in the distance, like on some cheesy cd cover. this kills me. this makes me exit the game. this makes me throw my gamepad in the wall. why does it have to be like this? i can never tell.

sorry for my bad grammar.

well, that's no suprise couse most infielders don't try to tag you out. guess they all have bad backs or something. this is especially frustrating when making throws to third or home plate. in some situations fielder will get the ball in glove standing on third, and baserunner will still be running staning up. then he'll start to slide and your guy will stand there, looking poeticly in the distance, like on some cheesy cd cover. this kills me. this makes me exit the game. this makes me throw my gamepad in the wall. why does it have to be like this? i can never tell.

sorry for my bad grammar.

The RT on the xbox 360 controller applies the tag with the third baseman and catcher. Top Right trigger same on the logitech dual action.

Archived