Game Physics ?!

rade

Hi guys. This is Vladimir from Serbia.

Don't get me wrong, please, I think people are doing great job making the mvp baseball 2005/07 LOOKS ( read please: LOOKS) AS A GREAT GAME, theirs job is fantastic, simply gorgeous!

I mean that game physics is part of the game that is really postponed. Very little attention is dedicated towards making the game as realistic as possible. I mean , graphic is , of course, something that IS VERY IMPORTANT, but that IS NOT THE MOST IMPORTANT THING in a game that is supposed to be a baseball S I M U L A T I O N.

I am very disappointed when I see infielders that have superhuman fielding abilities. How many times did you see pitcher catching a ball that goes from a bat towards his head at a speed that is way over 100 mph and more, of course.

I play baseball in a local baseball club, and I know how difficult is to field a ground ball that goes AT A VERY HIGH SPEED, BOUNCING VERY CLOSE TO THE FIELDER. That is v e r y hard to field and I hope that you agree with me.

I am very grateful to you and YOUR EFFORT MAKING A VISUALLY GREAT GAME, but my opinion is physics HAS TO BE G R E A T L Y "TWEAKED" AND REFINED in a way that we could name this game Baseball SIMULATION.

Wow, I've always experienced the exact opposite.  Mine's played beautifully for well over 5 years now.  Wasn't there a V Sync problem that made the game play too fast?  Something tells me that this is what this post is all about.

Hopefully someone can help, Vladimir.

Hi guys. This is Vladimir from Serbia.

Don't get me wrong, please, I think people are doing great job making the mvp baseball 2005/07 LOOKS ( read please: LOOKS) AS A GREAT GAME, theirs job is fantastic, simply gorgeous!

I mean that game physics is part of the game that is really postponed. Very little attention is dedicated towards making the game as realistic as possible. I mean , graphic is , of course, something that IS VERY IMPORTANT, but that IS NOT THE MOST IMPORTANT THING in a game that is supposed to be a baseball S I M U L A T I O N.

I am very disappointed when I see infielders that have superhuman fielding abilities. How many times did you see pitcher catching a ball that goes from a bat towards his head at a speed that is way over 100 mph and more, of course.

I play baseball in a local baseball club, and I know how difficult is to field a ground ball that goes AT A VERY HIGH SPEED, BOUNCING VERY CLOSE TO THE FIELDER. That is v e r y hard to field and I hope that you agree with me.

I am very grateful to you and YOUR EFFORT MAKING A VISUALLY GREAT GAME, but my opinion is physics HAS TO BE G R E A T L Y "TWEAKED" AND REFINED in a way that we could name this game Baseball SIMULATION.

While I agree that there seems to be WAY too many "spectacular catch" events, and in real life most pitchers opt for diving for cover if they can, rather than actually catching a fast line drive heading straight for them, I'm not sure it's in the modder's abilities to change this type of activity. It may be hard-coded into the game. I will say it's nice to see someone else besides myself who wants to improve the realism part of game play and actually turn this into a SIMULATION. :good:

Dep

Deputy, Hi

I see what you are talking about. You are right when you say that some parts of the game are HARD CODED into the MVP2005/07 exe file that cannot be changed easily.

I hope moders will find a way to fix this.

Greetings!!!

Archived