Cdt ?

AUY2K

I am in the middle of my season with the Braves. At the beginning of the season, before the latest official roster update, I edited J. Hunter's name to Jason Heyward and put him in my lineup. Then with the latest official roster updated I looked up the updated J. Heyward's skill numbers and then went to the editor and edited the old JH's skill numbers to match the official JH numbers.

I have been playing the regular season now with my edited JH for a good week now. Just last night when JH comes up to bat I get a CTD. I subbed him out and no CTD - I put him back in and again, every time he comes up to bat I get a CTD.

I tried going back into the editor to make a small change such as changing his name back to J. Hunter - the problem still exist - CTD.

Is there a way to fix this problem? Has anyone else had these issues with edited players?

Since you used Ty's editor to make changes and are now having issues, please make this post in the MLB 2K10 Roster Editor support thread. Ty or someone will have a better chance of seeing it or this issue may have already been covered in that thread.

http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?showtopic=45025&st=0

Thanks

BSU-Fan:

You can edit the skill numbers/attribute level in Ty's editor?

I thought you could only edit the following characteristics with Ty's editor:

portrait number

face number

Date of Birth

jersey number

height

weight

BSU-Fan:

You can edit the skill numbers/attribute level in Ty's editor?

I thought you could only edit the following characteristics with Ty's editor:

portrait number

face number

Date of Birth

jersey number

height

weight

Yes in the latest version, 0.27 Hitting, Pitching, Fielding, attributes are editable.

Yes in the latest version, 0.27 Hitting, Pitching, Fielding, attributes are editable.

Thanks Maestro23. That is good to know.

I wonder if I can edit those attributes in Ty's editor and then save it back into the franchise if that will somehow fix the issue?

Looks like I will have to change JH back to Justin Hunter and drop him back down to the minors or just release him because everytime I use him regardless of stats or name the game crashes.

I will then have to take another player in the minors and edit him to replace JH.

Unless I can create a whole new player and then put him into the current franchise, which doesn't sound like it will work.

Well, I tried to edit a minor league RF to match JH and was still met with the CTD when he came up to bat. So I restarted my season with the latest official rosters. I will not be doing anymore editing of players due to the fear of this happening again.

Why restart your season with new rosters? Just delete the modified season file and restore your backup copy.

You did make a backup before editing the rosters, didn't you?

I did have a back-up, but I was very frustrated trying to trouble shoot the issue - I just went ahead and started over having the official updated rosters in place. I ended up simming through to the date where I left off.

I wasted enough time trying to trouble shoot the corrupted Justin Hunter/Jason Heyward player file. I did not want to go back to the last good backup franchise file and then take the chance of this happening all over again wasting even more time. Again, I'm not editing any more players because of this previous issue.

Archived