2nd Patch

metalboy15

Speaking of patches...

Must you have an unmodified version of the game to use a patch? When I attempted to install the first patch, it gave me a message stating that something didn't match... so I uninstalled, reinstalled, and it worked. Am I going to have to do that again when the new patch comes out?

I think it depends on what you have modded...I know that if you weren't using default rosters, that caused a problem with the first patch, also if you are using a no-cd crack ;) the patch wouldn't work either.

I think you could sub in the default roster, apply the patch, then put in your modded roster and it should be fine.

Ya, I can't wait for the Patch #2 either. I hear that it will fix the lefty bug, graphical choppiness just like an earlier poster mentioned. In addition, I really, really, hope that it also fixes:

1. Spring Training--As it stands now, SP games are played in the regular season stadiums...a huge oversight given the fact that SP was put in at all. Hopefully the patch will give us the option of using different stadiums in SP, so that way we could use a minor league field(s) that are modded to represent spring training stadiums.

2. Lack of wind in Dynasty play.

3. Lack of fatigue by computer's starting pitcher.

4. Bullpen Bug--You know, where the computer has a two-hit shutout in the 5th inning and it activates the bullpen...and keeps it activated for the rest of the game :banghead: ...what is this?

I guess we'll see soon enough...

Ya, I can't wait for the Patch #2 either. I hear that it will fix the lefty bug, graphical choppiness just like an earlier poster mentioned. In addition, I really, really, hope that it also fixes:

1. Spring Training--As it stands now, SP games are played in the regular season stadiums...a huge oversight given the fact that SP was put in at all. Hopefully the patch will give us the option of using different stadiums in SP, so that way we could use a minor league field(s) that are modded to represent spring training stadiums.

2. Lack of wind in Dynasty play.

3. Lack of fatigue by computer's starting pitcher.

4. Bullpen Bug--You know, where the computer has a two-hit shutout in the 5th inning and it activates the bullpen...and keeps it activated for the rest of the game :banghead: ...what is this?

I guess we'll see soon enough...

Number 4 is really annoying. I'm suprised they didn't address this in the second patch. Maybe they will, who knows.

There's wind in this game?? lol.

i don't think that it's a problem with fatigue. it's more of a problem with them throwing too many strikes, coupled with human error.

Actually, it's an AI bug I think. The computer just doesn't think it should take out the damn pitcher until he's being pounded.

I dont mind that the CPU starts the bullpen in the 4th or 5th no matter what the score. This problem would be rectified if their pitchers in the bullpen lost stamina, but they dont! If they did, the CPU wouldnt be able to keep them warming for 4+ innings.

I dont mind that the CPU starts the bullpen in the 4th or 5th no matter what the score. This problem would be rectified if their pitchers in the bullpen lost stamina, but they dont! If they did, the CPU wouldnt be able to keep them warming for 4+ innings.

Good point... 8)

Archived