Changing Home Timezone

Greg Putnam

I have moved the Padres to Hawaii and was wondering if there is a way to change my teams home timezone? Why you may ask? The practical reason is that playing that far west, I reasonably cannot expect to play night home games for games that are required to be played during primetime on the east coast. So an allstar game or any postseason games, including world series would have to be played locally in Hawaii as 1:30 or 2:00pm games to meet 7:30 or 8:00pm in the east if you can follow my drift. Also, all games should be final on my out of town scoreboard during the season when I am playing at home.

I'm assuming there's no chance of tweaking this but thought I would ask.

I'm interested as to how you moved them to Hawaii! I don't know of any way we can change the home timezone as we could in MVPEdit, but I'm intrigued to know what you've done already.

Short answer, we didn't. We decided to pretend like we were. We modded the Padre Unis to reflect the new franchise name and colors. Not knowing how to mod helmet colors or sleeve colors we kept the padre blue with them. I found a sunny sun with sunglasses and thought he would represent us well and Jason figured out where that could be placed and used. Then he went to work on Petco Park. If you let your mind wonder abit you can sort of start to see that the two skylines: San Diego and Honolulu bear a striking resemblence to each other. With billboard signs you would expect to see in Honolulu added, and a rename of the stadium to NCL Stadium, having chosen Norwegian Cruise Lines (NCL) as the naming sponsor, we think the transformation is striking. The three hour timezone change to the west would be the final detail, piece of the puzzle.

Speaking of timezones and times, does anyone else not have start times listed on their schedule in franchise? My schedule just shows the opponent.

It's not listed on the calendar per se. You have to right click on a date and then click on daily view. It will bring up all the games for your franchise that day with all the start times there. And they don't necessarily match the real world start times. Hope that helps.

It's not listed on the calendar per se. You have to right click on a date and then click on daily view. It will bring up all the games for your franchise that day with all the start times there. And they don't necessarily match the real world start times. Hope that helps.

Thanks Greg.

Archived