How Do You Move On To Next Season

packersfan

I wish I had written it down, because it's complicated and now I can't remember exactly how I did it. I remember there are several points where you have to click the "next" button with the mouse to get anything to proceed, though. which is weird because the mouse is not essential to anything else in the entire franchise. Hope that helps some.

You need to go through the off-season news notifications - who won the postseason, the awards for Cy Young, Silver Slugger etc., retirements, free agent signings, and, if you're in My Player, your My Player summary, showing how you've progressed that year. After that is Spring Training. Check out the 2K Nav bar at the bottom, that will probably tell you which button to press. For me, it's the same button I use as normal for advancing through the screens.

You need to go through the off-season news notifications - who won the postseason, the awards for Cy Young, Silver Slugger etc., retirements, free agent signings, and, if you're in My Player, your My Player summary, showing how you've progressed that year. After that is Spring Training. Check out the 2K Nav bar at the bottom, that will probably tell you which button to press. For me, it's the same button I use as normal for advancing through the screens.

Same here Mark. After you go through all the awards, etc... you will get to the off-season "housekeeping" stuff. Using Logitech Dual Action controller, and use the START button on my controller to advance through all the post season stuff. Below are screens from a test franchise I've been running. The screen below is where all the "housekeeping" stuff starts. Just used START to advance through each of the tasks and advanced to the new season without issue.

erbkzn.jpg

2wnvcm1.jpg

2zhjm1h.jpg

My problem is that it isn't giving me any offseason news or anything. The Yankees have won and it is loading that story (the picture) in the Headlines section...I go to awards and only player and rookie of the month and week are there, no year awards...no place to advance! UGH.

Yeah, you need to go to 2K Nav, select Posteason or whatever there is in it's place, it'll show you the playoff brackets and World Series winner, probably with a message saying something like "The Yankees have won the World Series" and you need to press something to continue, usually A, whatever that represents on your controller. From there, it should initiate the winter.

If you don't get the message, select the World Series matchup in the playoff bracket.

Thanks for the help. Yep that's what I was missing. At least something about the game works...though the franchise mode of these games still needs more realism with salaries and difficulty building a great team...nothing like a good front office manager like Out of the Ballpark.

No problem, glad you got it working. Yeah, I'm playing a season in Baseball Mogul 2011 right now when I'm away from home and I can't help but thinking "Man, if only this had a 3D engine". I've played OOTB in the past as well, very similar, also great.

No problem, glad you got it working. Yeah, I'm playing a season in Baseball Mogul 2011 right now when I'm away from home and I can't help but thinking "Man, if only this had a 3D engine". I've played OOTB in the past as well, very similar, also great.

Yeah a game that combined the realistic front office with 3D playing the game would be out of this world...it would pretty much be real life, haha.

Archived