Random Crashes

Rger21

Hello guys....

Whenever I start to play...no matter if its a 'chise game or exibition game....no matter the teams I pick.. I always get a CTD during of after the 3rd inning....the game just close and no error messages..is like the game was never open. I did a fresh install....the same..... Ive just managed to play 1 game..the rest is a CTD after 3rd inning :sad: : I didnt install any mod..CTD.. I install the mods... CTD...before the patch.. CTD..after the patch.. CTD....alwasy the same..its like I cant play the damn game...

Has anyone experienced this?? any help?

thanks...

PS. My Rig: ATI HD4850, AMD X2 6000+, 4GB DDR2 250GB HD. Latest drivers installed.

Hello guys....

Whenever I start to play...no matter if its a 'chise game or exibition game....no matter the teams I pick.. I always get a CTD during of after the 3rd inning....the game just close and no error messages..is like the game was never open. I did a fresh install....the same..... Ive just managed to play 1 game..the rest is a CTD after 3rd inning :sad: : I didnt install any mod..CTD.. I install the mods... CTD...before the patch.. CTD..after the patch.. CTD....alwasy the same..its like I cant play the damn game...

Has anyone experienced this?? any help?

thanks...

PS. My Rig: ATI HD4850, AMD X2 6000+, 4GB DDR2 250GB HD. Latest drivers installed.

Have you downloaded anything from 2kshare, I had the same problem when I tried loading a roster or slider from 2kshare. For some reason there seems to be a bug that doesn't like anything from 2kshare. Once I stopped trying to use 2kshare and went with the MLB Today Living Rosters and sliders from here at MVPMods the crashes went away...

You got any program running the background? (Anti-V, Anit-Malware, etc..)

If so, try turning them off while playing the game.

yes...I have AVG antivirus running.. :unknw: ..

Ill try to play a game with it disabled and see what happens..

thanks.

You can also try this, Click start, click run, type dxdiag, click on the sound tab, look to see if the hardware acceleration slider is all the way to the right, if so move it 2 clicks to the left or to basic acceleration. reboot, then start game. Can't guarantee if this will work on MLB2K10, but I had similar problems with NBA2K10, and when I did this, the crashes to desktop stopped.

i remember last year's game the same issue for many people

there were a few suggestions on how to fix it in the mlb 2k9 forums you could try them out

i know that they worked for some people but not for others (including myself)

i so far have not encountered the problem with this years game though.

You can also try this, Click start, click run, type dxdiag, click on the sound tab, look to see if the hardware acceleration slider is all the way to the right, if so move it 2 clicks to the left or to basic acceleration. reboot, then start game. Can't guarantee if this will work on MLB2K10, but I had similar problems with NBA2K10, and when I did this, the crashes to desktop stopped.

I tried that..but didnt find Hardaware acceleration option in dxdiag, However I found it somewhere else but couldnt change it.... My Windows 7 X64 is fu**d up.....

i remember last year's game the same issue for many people

there were a few suggestions on how to fix it in the mlb 2k9 forums you could try them out

i know that they worked for some people but not for others (including myself)

i so far have not encountered the problem with this years game though.

I was able to play the game before...but since like a month ago idk whats going on.....but this weekend I think I found the problem....... my keyboard is doing weird things....like Capital letters without presing shift or Caps..... auto-writing while im chatting in xfire... sometimes I get a "1qtq1" in the texting area and even closes the chat window as if I pressed ESC...son I did some testing with keyboard unpluged and Game didnt crash after 4 or 5 innings.... So Im gonna get a new one...and try if that was the root cause.

Thanks for your reply guys.. :)

errrr.....changed my keyboard.....still crashes..... I lowered graphics to medium.... still crashes....

I cant still play the game...... :cray: ..not sure what to do now....

I have Windows 7 x64.. funny thing is that I was able to many games like a month ago....now its just impossible..

errrr.....changed my keyboard.....still crashes..... I lowered graphics to medium.... still crashes....

I cant still play the game...... :cray: ..not sure what to do now....

I have Windows 7 x64.. funny thing is that I was able to many games like a month ago....now its just impossible..

Noticed you updated your drivers. Were you using a different driver a month ago when you were not having crashes?

Noticed you updated your drivers. Were you using a different driver a month ago when you were not having crashes?

yes..... i had an older version... but I deleded the file after downloading new one.. and dont remember what version it was.. :sad:

yes..... i had an older version... but I deleded the file after downloading new one.. and dont remember what version it was.. :sad:

I don't know who your card's manufacturer is, but it has an ATI chipset so....

Go to ATI's driver page, at the bottom of this page is a link for "Previous Drivers". Check it out.

http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/radeon.aspx?ostype=Windows%207%20-%2064-Bit%20Edition

I don't know who your card's manufacturer is, but it has an ATI chipset so....

Go to ATI's driver page, at the bottom of this page is a link for "Previous Drivers". Check it out.

http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/radeon.aspx?ostype=Windows%207%20-%2064-Bit%20Edition

Yup, apparently it was a problem with video drivers....I went back to the version 10-2 dated on Feb 10.. and I was able to play a complete game...and a next one to the 7th inning.....later on...I played another complete game...

Thanks a lot!! :good:

Yup, apparently it was a problem with video drivers....I went back to the version 10-2 dated on Feb 10.. and I was able to play a complete game...and a next one to the 7th inning.....later on...I played another complete game...

Thanks a lot!! :good:

Good to hear. Glad to help. :hi:

Archived