My Own Satirical News Blog

thespungo

I've started a blog on which to keep my satirical news writings, which are in the exact same style of The Onion, and I thought maybe a few of you might find it slightly amusing. It's nothing too serious, just something to fill in my body of work a little bit.

Check it out, and if you like it become a fan of it on the Facebook and pass it on to your friends. If you don't like it, pass it on to your enemies.

http://thespungo.blogspot.com/

I love this stuff. Nice work man.

I especially liked Newly Retired Helen Thomas to Squirrels: 'Get the Hell Out of My Bird Feeder' and Four Seriously Tired After Game of Monopoly

:lol:

I don't have facebook but I'll bookmark it.

Yeah, I love it, too. I've been reading The Onion since late elementary school and have always dreamed of working for them in some capacity. While that won't ever happen, at the very least this blog just adds a little diversity to my writing portfolio. And if I could build up a little audience and get a bunch of fans on the Facebook, well, that's just a nice little bonus.

While that won't ever happen, at the very least this blog just adds a little diversity to my writing portfolio. And if I could build up a little audience and get a bunch of fans on the Facebook, well, that's just a nice little bonus.

Can I ask why not? I mean I am in no way a professional here but your style is very easy to read and funny. Why wouldn't a larger group of people want to read it?

Have some of your friends and family let those people at the Onion know about you? The worst thing that place can say is thanks but no thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Can I ask why not? I mean I am in no way a professional here but your style is very easy to read and funny. Why wouldn't a larger group of people want to read it?

Have some of your friends and family let those people at the Onion know about you? The worst thing that place can say is thanks but no thanks.

The Onion doesn't really hire a lot of people, they're kind of known for that, so I'm not really actively looking for a job with them.

It's fine, though, this is just another writing project for me that adds some variety to my writing portfolio and the few people that read it might enjoy it once every three weeks or so, which is all good enough for me.

And today's installment might be enjoyed by the baseball fans here:

http://thespungo.blogspot.com/2010/06/stephen-strasburg.html

Archived