Stadium Editing Question

Micropterus58

I have started fiddling around with editing stadiums. I started with the Altoona Curve's Blair County Ballpark (stadium_aae.iff). I found pictures from Stephen Strasberg's visit so I have up to date photos. My question is the billboards I changed in left field (field level) have the padding seems but the ads in right do not even though they use the same DDS file, did I do something wrong or is that normal? I haven't checked any modded MLB stadiums to verify. I was able to add the Altoona Mirror to the clock area on the scoreboard. I do plan to share this stadium so any help is appreciated. I may attempt more minor league stadiums if I can find photos.

Nevermind, I loaded up the original IFF files and all ads don't have any texture or padding seems. Second question though. What programs are best for editing and viewing the DDS files? I found some BMP files are not viewable. I've been using the MLB2K10 Cyberface editor and the NBA2K10 Mod tool. I don't know what the BMP files are or if they need any editing.

Micropterus58, how much have you gotten done so far? I've already started on BCB, but haven't worked on it for a few week as I haven't been home. I think I've only done a few ads on the left-field jumbotron and the Toyota ad above the bullpen in left.

MarkB, If I can't do anything with the BMP files, I think I'm done. Since I can't view the BMP files I don't know if there is anything editable. I was waiting for a possible response to this post. It's impossible to get more than a few ads in their correct position since one ad can be used in multiple locations. I created local ads for Altoona businesses and used national ads such as Mt. Dew and Budweiser. If you want to continue with your version, go ahead, I don't have exclusive rights, even if I'm a Pirates fan. LOL. I started on MiLB stadiums because none were done other than Brighthouse Field. I also started working on McCoy Stadium (Pawtucket Red Sox). If you or anyone else wants the beta version, send me a PM with your email address. I'll upload the final version here.

Well, with the 2K games, there are no bitmaps - just the .DDS files, which have the images inside them. What's been working for me is to use PSP8 to load the .DDS file, make a bitmap, then just copy and paste that into the .DDS file and save. Done.

As for the ads being used in multiple locations, yeah, that's another issue. It's a pain in the *** for accuracy, but it can be worked around so that it's not too bad, like I did in Bright House Field. I just tried to get the main and obvious ads in place, then, from there, what's repeated is repeated, nothing we can do about it, other than make sure there's no instances of only have an ad being shown.

I'm interested as to where you put the Altoona Mirror ad - I made a couple of attempts at adding that, but couldn't figure out the positioning, since it's just 2 black areas. Admittedly, I didn't spend very long on it.

From the last screenshots I took, here's what I've done so far.

bcb6.jpg

bcb5.jpg

Added the Curve logo to the weird inflatable things in the right field foul area, added the Toyota ad above the bullpen, added the Pepsi, Mountain Dew, S&T Bank, Waste Management and Giant Eagle ads, added the Blair County Ballpark sign below the clock and put hands on the clock.

If you don't think you'll be finishing it, feel free to send the files my way and I'll get it released ASAP. I might as well pick modding back up, as I'm not doing much else with my time right now. Same goes for McCoy Stadium. I was hoping to get a few stadiums done, so if you have any good photos of BCB or McCoy, shoot them over.

DonSpa, DDS files are not an issue. I use Paint Shop Pro X2. The problem is that Jor1980's MLB2K10 Cyberface Converter shows the file as GBMP Mipmaps=8 and it looks like a black and white alpha channel. When I try to export it, it's saved as a PNG file. PSP can't open the PNG file but if I change the extension to BMP it opens. The NBA2K10 Mod Tool shows the file as a pixelated mess and it's a BMP 512x128. The program exports the file as a DDS but PSP will not open it unless the extension is changed to BMP. I attached the two JPGs. These files may not ever be needed to be edited. The two programs show the same file differently.

MarkB, I am done with Blair County Ballpark. The texture to edit is 84. I attached the JPG. I'll add some hands to the clock also. I used photos for Altoona and Pawtucket from www.flickr.com. Sort them by recent photos so they are from 2010. Those inflatable things are the mascots, Steamer and Diesel Dog.

post-201-127758399409_thumb.jpg

post-201-127758400466_thumb.jpg

post-201-127758419912_thumb.jpg

Archived