Stadium Requests and Discussion

LetsGoOakland

A general discussion on stadiums for this year's game.

The create ballpark feature definitely have me jazzed about the whole stadium idea. I am still wondering if you can mod your created stadium (which would bring endless possibilities to number of stadiums you could have).

I would want to see mods for these stadiums:

Three Rivers Stadium (Pittsburgh Pirates, 1970-2000)

http://www.ballparksofbaseball.com/past/Th...s%20Stadium.htm

Candlestick Park (San Francisco Giants, 1960-1999)

http://www.ballparksofbaseball.com/past/CandlestickPark.htm

-I would want the version of this stadium with then had chainlink fences in the outfield and the "summer house" bullpen screens.

cand.jpg

Kingdome (Seattle Mariners, 1977-1999)

http://www.ballparksofbaseball.com/past/Kingdome.htm

Pick out your favorites here:

http://www.ballparksofbaseball.com/

I really liked the classic Yankee stadium that someone modded for 2004 but I didn't want to overwrite the current stadium. That's why I am really hoping you can use created stadiums outside of Owner Mode, then you could just mod/overwrite those files and be able to select from more stadiums.

I remember going to Candlestick Park with my dad's work. He works at SLAC (Stanford Linear Accelerator Center) on the Stanford University campus and a bunch of his buddies from his department would get together and bring their families to the ballpark in San Francisco via tour bus from Palo Alto.

His buddy Ralph has pins from all the games we went to and often bought ours off us for more than what they meant to the rest of us. I was there for several different versions of Candlestick Park (chainlink fence, the redone Candlestick, etc.) and what was PacBell Park back in 2000 (I saw the second game ever played there against the Yankees, summer 2000). It was good times.

I remember going to Candlestick Park with my dad's work. He works at SLAC (Stanford Linear Accelerator Center) on the Stanford University campus and a bunch of his buddies from his department would get together and bring their families to the ballpark in San Francisco via tour bus from Palo Alto.

His buddy Ralph has pins from all the games we went to and often bought ours off us for more than what they meant to the rest of us. I was there for several different versions of Candlestick Park (chainlink fence, the redone Candlestick, etc.) and what was PacBell Park back in 2000 (I saw the second game ever played there against the Yankees, summer 2000). It was good times.

i have those pins too! i also have this pennant before the stadium closed says... Tell it Goodbye 1960-1999

I don't want those. I might take Kim's just for sh!ts but if I were you, I would torch Aurilia's.

i almost got mike krukow's autograph.. i was like "Mr. Krukow ... Mr.Krukow" and i was about to throw the baseballl, then he waved at me and turned away.. i almost plunked him in the head.. sigh :cry:

Spanish-

I absolutely love your devotion to what are widely considered some of the worst stadiums of the past 50 years. Don't let anyone (including me) tell you otherwise; have pride in your Candlestick and your 3 Rivers. After all, in MVP you don't have to worry about the wind, so it's golden.

I mean, if OEdit can export to something similar to a regular CAD program, then I theoretically would be able to make some mods, but that's sort of doubtful. I am slightly disappointed in only having three wall types available, but I am completely amazed at what excellent the end result looks like.

I have a feeling 95% of the parks will be high right field wall with brick though, but that's just my guess.

Spanish-

I absolutely love your devotion to what are widely considered some of the worst stadiums of the past 50 years. Don't let anyone (including me) tell you otherwise; have pride in your Candlestick and your 3 Rivers. After all, in MVP you don't have to worry about the wind, so it's golden.

I mean, if OEdit can export to something similar to a regular CAD program, then I theoretically would be able to make some mods, but that's sort of doubtful. I am slightly disappointed in only having three wall types available, but I am completely amazed at what excellent the end result looks like.

I have a feeling 95% of the parks will be high right field wall with brick though, but that's just my guess.

I take cad class, Pretty fun. That would be pretty cool doing that

You know, Candlestick wasn't that bad looking stadium. I like the chicken-wire fences.

How about the old Comiskey Park? That would be a fun stadium to play in.

Other stadiums that would be nice to have would be Cleveland Municipal Stadium, Baltimore Memorial Stadium, Arlington Stadium, the Kingdome, and Milwaukee County Stadium.

Yankee-

Which CAD program? Since I'm a theatre designer I switched from pen-and-paper to Vectorworks 10 a couple years ago, which isn't as powerful as AutoCAD (which my father has, being an architect) but is perfect for theatrical applications. Before schoolwork started piling up and I had to devote myself to that, I was trying to design some parks of my own in VW. The real issue is not knowing even rough dimensions for the stands of these old parks, or even the current parks, so I have no idea what sort of rises are involved in the lower and upper decks, etc. Now that I found a better look at what the Ebbets bleachers look like (those are some steep, steep seats) maybe I'll load it up some times and see if I can't make something look realistic.

The hopeful nerd part of me would love to see some sort of mutual Madden / MVP stadium mod program, but that's an unfulfilled wish waiting to happen.

Why cant they put a scoreboard on the left field wall in Great American?

I was wondering the same thing. It kind of looks like they just are limited with what they can do as far as changing the current models. I don't understand why they don't just make new models. I guess we'll never know since there will be no MVP 2006.

I will fix it right this year, promise. 8)

It kind of looks like they looked at my mod and just did some of the same things, like the grass in centerfield in front of the Batter's eye. That is what I wanted fixed so bad. At least they did fix the fences in front of the bullpens. Oh well, if the gameplay is good then that will make no difference.

Archived