Making Trades In Your Franchise After The Trade Deadline

pitchleague

Okay, I'm sure I'm missing something in-game, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to make trades after the deadline has passed in my franchise.

I've searched the site and have come up empty so I thought I'd post here.

Anyway, playing 2k10 on my pc. I'm on August 9th and would like to make the Edmonds-Dickerson trade but can't as the "Trade players" option in GM is now grayed out. I only control one team (Brewers) so I can't do the ol' release Edmonds and have Cincinnati sign him (I can, of course, do that with Dickerson, since I do have the option set to tinker with all rosters).

Am I missing something? I can't find the way to have other teams that are not under my control (but do have callups-send downs activated) to sign free-agents.

Again, I'm sure I've missed something but perhaps it's not possible. Thanks for helping this (likely) blind 2k10 player find what I can't see.

I seriously doubt the game's designed to allow trades after the trade deadline - that would defeat the purpose.

Should be possible, though - download Ty's roster editor, open the Franchise file, make the trade, correct the lineups and load in-game.

Archived