JoeRudi26

File Name: JoeRudi26 Pro Level Sliders/Datafile

File Submitter: JoeRudi26

File Submitted: 18 Oct 2010

File Category: Miscellaneous

Version: 1.0

JoeRudi26's MVP2005 Pro Sliders

Installation

Copy the datafile folder and the datafile.txt to your data folder that's located in the C:/Program Files/EA Sports/MVP Baseball 2005 directory.

Use the Pro Slider.txt to change the slider options in your game.

The datafile is heavily based off of Trues datafile.txt from earlier versions.

As always, remember to back up your original files

Click here to download this file

Cool, thanks for uploading.

Hopefully the people that are still playing the game will try them out. In the past, I had gotten some mild criticism (welcomed, of course) about the fact the the sliders were based off the Pro Level, but this was before they had tried them out.

In my case, this combined set been the biggest challenge for me, even after playing the game for nearly 5 years, with the best results I have personally been able to obtain. Play style and talent level are obviously the biggest factor when trying out any slider set, but any and all feedback are welcome.

To anyone out there still playing MVP....these are some of the best sliders I have EVER used. JoeRudi once uploaded them per request in his Oakland A's dynasty and I have ever used them ever since....the game just plays more realistically with this combo. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

To anyone out there still playing MVP....these are some of the best sliders I have EVER used.  JoeRudi once uploaded them per request in his Oakland A's dynasty and I have ever used them ever since....the game just plays more realistically with this combo.  HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Thanks for the good words Josh, hopefully more people give them a try.  :friends:

• 3 weeks later...

Joe, just played with this datafile, I usually resist playing pro, but this was GREAT!!!! Thank you so much. I really appreiciate your hard work for those of us who still play MVP only! :clapping:

Thanks man. The "Pro" level has been really one of the concerns I think that most people have had when I started posting these.

I tweaked these solid for nearly 2 months, adjusting on all levels of the game. Ultimately, the Pro level produced the most balanced, overall results. And with a few minor changes in pitch speed, etc., a really good challenge to most players.

Thanks for the good words, and I'm glad they're working out for you.

• 2 months later...

I just wanted to drop a reply and say that these sliders and datafile are amazing. I have played through several season with several great datafiles and always had kind of an empty feeling. At this point with JoeRudi sliders and datafile I have been played into 31 games into my dynasty and I have seen all types of games and have gotten some great statistics that are consistent with real baseball. My team has been hot and cold, which adds some great sense of realism to the game. In fact I sit 18-13 right now and have dropped 4 of my last 5. 2 of which my SP was knocked out in the 3rd and my lone win came from a CG shutout.

I am not sure if you JoeRudi26 will see this or not, but I just wanted him to know that his work as well as all the other great modders is truly appreciated.

Edited by myseason

• 1 year later...

I really appreciate this datafile, just finished a season with the Giants. Howeverr, I find a litlle pb with the outfielders positions. I think they are too deep in the field on every batter which results a lot of base hits with the ball rebounds just in front of the outfielder.