Favre Skates Past Trouble

Yankee4Life

Our favorite NFL mobile phone texter Brett Favre walked away from the Jen Sterger incident today by receiving a $50,000 fine from NFL commissioner Roger Goodell. He wasn't fined for being guilty. Nope. Favre "didn't cooperate with the investigation." That's why he's being fined.

If you think something stinks about this, then you are not alone. Here's what I think really happened:

...Favre was told by someone in the NFL not to cooperate with this. In other words Brett, shut your yap and we'll think of something. After all, this had nothing to do with gambling or drugs or steroids or guns or anything like that. It was about a guy who took one look at an extremely beautiful woman and went nuts. No harm, no foul, boys will be boys and Brett's a good ole boy.

...So the NFL conducted an elaborate dog and pony show, interviewing Sterger and conducting other interviews with people connected with this story. They took their time coming up with a decision and coming up with a reason why they couldn't pin this on Favre. They probably let Favre know they were going to end up fining him the 50K but maybe on the sly he won't have to pay it if he promises to retire at the end of the year and not come back. After that, he won't be their problem anymore.

So, that is what I think really happened behind the scenes. Fining that guy 50K is like having someone fine you two dollars. You'll never miss it.

LINK TO ARTICLE

Favre may be an idiot but there is nothing wrong with his eyes.

When he retires, Favre should do a commercial for Sprint advertising their unlimited texting.

...Favre was told by someone in the NFL not to cooperate with this. In other words Brett, shut your yap and we'll think of something. After all, this had nothing to do with gambling or drugs or steroids or guns or anything like that. It was about a guy who took one look at an extremely beautiful woman and went nuts. No harm, no foul, boys will be boys and Brett's a good ole boy.

...So the NFL conducted an elaborate dog and pony show, interviewing Sterger and conducting other interviews with people connected with this story. They took their time coming up with a decision and coming up with a reason why they couldn't pin this on Favre. They probably let Favre know they were going to end up fining him the 50K but maybe on the sly he won't have to pay it if he promises to retire at the end of the year and not come back. After that, he won't be their problem anymore.

So, that is what I think really happened behind the scenes. Fining that guy 50K is like having someone fine you two dollars. You'll never miss it.

That Sounds about right. Except for the bit concerning his retirement. I won't believe it until he is gone for at least two seasons.

Archived