Difficulty Sliders Won't Retain Saved Changes

tks

I posted a similar message in the 2KSports forum.

I make changes to sliders to best suite my game....

I then go to the "Save Difficulty Sliders" icon and it indicates slider changes have been saved. However, when I return to the Difficulty Slider page the "Custom" section has completely different numbers from those I saved...."Pitching" and "Hitting" numbers show numbers for "Pro" settings, even though the heading says "Custom".

This is true for both CPU and User settings....Makes for some very unrealistic results....Frustrating!

BTW....I play PC version using a 360 for Windows controller.

Hard to know what you're doing wrong. I have the PC version/360 controller and just tested it out, and the save-sliders option works perfectly. My suggestion: start with default sliders; go into the slider settings and change the first slider you see; exit and save; exit the game, then start it up again making sure your new sliders are loaded; go back into the slider settings to see if your one change stuck. Start with that.

bangus...

I believe I located the problem....Looked at the "Load" page and noticed there were actually three "Difficulty Sliders" listed.

For some reason when I revised sliders and saved, a new "Difficulty Slider" file was created rather than overriding the exisitng file.

Therefore, I deleted the unwanted slider files and kept the latest one....Just to play it safe, in the future, when I get ready to play a game I will be sure to actually load the file I want to use (whether or not no other slider file is listed).

I appreciate your input.

Archived