Simming Games Takes Forever

apreston48

On My Player and in Franchise I tend to not play every game on the schedule so I sim some of them. However, simming game to game takes forever and simming an entire week is like 10 minutes! Any idea on how to speed this up? I dont recall it being this slow on MLB 2k10. Thanks.

On My Player and in Franchise I tend to not play every game on the schedule so I sim some of them. However, simming game to game takes forever and simming an entire week is like 10 minutes! Any idea on how to speed this up? I dont recall it being this slow on MLB 2k10. Thanks.

You must be super-simming each individual game. Hit the RB button (I believe it is) to quick-sim to the end of the game. You can also just "Simulate to date" and that takes 1-2 seconds.

• 1 month later...

Simming is excruciatingly slow in both these modes. The game is basically unplayable. I have tried lowering settings to no avail, graphically everything is fine, but it just takes forever to sim a week!

I guess you didn't read my previous post.

1. Go to the league schedule.

2. Sim one week ahead.

3. Takes 4-5 seconds.

4. Problem fixed.

I guess you didn't read my previous post.

1. Go to the league schedule.

2. Sim one week ahead.

3. Takes 4-5 seconds.

4. Problem fixed.

I did do that several weeks ago and I keep trying. Simming one week ahead is still extraordinarily slow.

That's how slow it is. I simmed a week ahead and it took about 3 or 4 minutes. I then simmed a week ahead again and it took an extremely long amount of time.

I have googled this error and apparently people with dual core processors have this issue too (I have a single core processor). I was able to alt-tab, ctrl+alt+del, and jack the priority up to High. Simulation speed did improve slightly, but doing this regularly could be detrimental to my computer, so I'm kind of wary about doing this repeatedly.

I am not super-simming every game, I just press "Simulate to date" and go a week ahead.

Well, after reading your post I started a test franchise. I simmed pre-season and it took 3 seconds. I then simmed the month of April and it took 8 seconds. So...? Hard to believe it's a processor issue, or that a particular processor causes that much slowdown. Weird if that's the case. But that doesn't make the game unplayable. It makes certain PC's in need of an upgrade. ;)

What are your specs?

Core i7, 8 gb ram, Nvidia 445 3 gb dedicated card, Windows 7 64 bit. I just simmed month by month thru my test season with no slowdown at all. Maybe playing games and then simming others is somehow affecting the save file and causing some of the issues?

Nope, I haven't played a single Spring Training game in my test franchises and the lag just continues.

Single core processor, 2 gigs RAM, 9500 GT card. Keep in mind that other people with better specs have the same problem.

Edit: Deleted all saved files, started from scratch, still incredibly slow simulating. I even updated my drivers today, but that hasn't done anything. This problem is so frustrating.

I hope they patch this issue soon.
You keep saying that, yet two people on this thread have stated they don't have an issue. It's not the game apparently. It sounds like an issue on your end -- your PC settings perhaps. Past that, if it is a problem having to do with your PC's processor, then the one obvious fix is to buy a better PC. I bought my new laptop in January so I could specifically play PES 2011. My old laptop couldn't handle the demo and it played like slow-motion crap. That's a gaming reality we all have to deal with at times.

You keep saying that, yet two people on this thread have stated they don't have an issue. It's not the game apparently. It sounds like an issue on your end -- your PC settings perhaps. Past that, if it is a problem having to do with your PC's processor, then the one obvious fix is to buy a better PC. I bought my new laptop in January so I could specifically play PES 2011. My old laptop couldn't handle the demo and it played like slow-motion crap. That's a gaming reality we all have to deal with at times.

But it's an issue afflicting many people.

The funny thing is this computer runs PES 2011 fine

I doubt it's the PC, it is likely the settings or something like that.

Archived