Fenway Park 1.0 by ReddShadoe and Smokey12

ReddShadoe

File Name: Fenway Park 1.0 by ReddShadoe and Smokey12

File Submitter: ReddShadoe

File Submitted: 23 Mar 2011

File Category: Stadiums

Here's Fenway, mostly based on photos from the internet. I put as many ads as I could in the right places, then randomly placed the rest.

I made the CITGO sign, the Covidien logo, the MasterCard logo, the Stanley logo, Beth Israel jumbotron logo, National Floors Direct logo, Hess logo, Ace Ticket logo, and the three Monster Seat logos (AAA, Sports Authority, Volvo).

Pretty much all the other ads were taken from Smokey12's Fenway from last year, including most of the ads around the upper deck and lower deck, and most of the ads on the Green Monster, as well as the Majestic billboard outside the park.

There are a few things I still need to fix; most notably the white border is missing over the lower Monster ads. I also have to figure out which file to add the Stop & Shop logo to (Smokey12 has it on the old Fenway, but the files are in different spots from last year).

Just copy the stadium_bor.iff file into your main directory.

Fenway5.png

Fenway4.png

Click here to download this file

This looks great. Thanks so much for your hard work. This stadium was the toughest by far and they changed the ad positioning quite a bit from last year's Fenway Park. Good Job!! :good:

Thanks, but I'm pretty sure my ad placement isn't accurate for this year (guess we won't know until next week)...I couldn't find pics showing the correct placement of all the ads in the upper decks, and the game doesn't allow for the right number of ads, then others were repeated in the game, like the Bank of America ad. It's weird, because I found textures in the files that 2K never even used, yet then they go and use the same texture for two different ads so that you can't be as accurate as you'd like!

All in all though, 2 good reviews is GREAT for my first stadium mod! I'll take it!

I don't have the pc version yet this year, but are you able to put the stop and shop logo on the garage door in center field? that's where I put it last year

Yeah, I was excited to see it there, since 2K just left that ad out altogether...but the images in 2K11 are completely different for the most part (the file you added it to in 2K10, I think also contained a bunch of the Green Monster ads...the file in 2K11 with those same Green Monster ads doesn't have the garage door attached to it)...so I need to go through the files to see where it should be...although you're right, how hard can it be to find the garage door?

Actually I guess the location of the garage door WAS the same, although in the file, it looked like I was copying the ad right over another door in the picture.

I found out why the white border was missing above the scoreboard...2K just inexplicably LEFT IT OUT! I added it, but now I see they also made the upper surface of the scoreboard much too pronounced, and at a noticeable slant, which looks just ridiculous. You can see it in this updated shot (which also shows the white border overrunning the last ad, there was no way to prevent this, each of the 4 ads uses the same top border, so I think if I cut it left, there would be missing links at the ends of the other ads):

(edit) Now that I think about it, I bet that dark green band is supposed to be white, somewhere in all the files; I'll have to check that out, maybe I overwrote it with green by accident. Does anyone have a pic of the generic Fenway to show how the Green Monster looked out of the box?

Fenway6.png

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, this park is so off the mark now after the improvements they made over the winter! No possible way to edit this correctly now unless someone figures out a way to edit structures. Bank of America has a new cutout 3D ad above the BoA sign, all scoreboards are now HD screens, New Balance has a new 3d cutout ad above Ford/Dunkin Donuts, and there's a new HD screen between those two signs.

I might change the Granite CIty ad to Hyundai and the CVS ad to "minute clinic/cvs", but that's about all I can do!

Wow, this park is so off the mark now after the improvements they made over the winter! No possible way to edit this correctly now unless someone figures out a way to edit structures. Bank of America has a new cutout 3D ad above the BoA sign, all scoreboards are now HD screens, New Balance has a new 3d cutout ad above Ford/Dunkin Donuts, and there's a new HD screen between those two signs.

I might change the Granite CIty ad to Hyundai and the CVS ad to "minute clinic/cvs", but that's about all I can do!

Unfortunately we have to remember that we are basically editing 2009 versions of the stadiums so there are going to be many changes that we cannot do. I came across this article that lists many changes for this year's stadiums:

http://www.cnn.com/2011/TECH/innovation/03/31/ballparks.unveil.tech.updates.wired/index.html?iref=NS1

Miller Park actually wasn't too bad but the Phillies scoreboard was totally different. :(

Archived