Onfield Display Mod

pena1

File Name: Onfield Display Mod

File Submitter: pena1

File Submitted: 25 Mar 2011

File Updated: 27 Mar 2011

File Category: Overlays

All the changes here are subtle but I think they make in a big difference in the gameplay feel.

*3.26.11- Fixed a few glitches that happened when importing the buttons*

1. All landing markers changed to 50% opacity. No more solid white circles covering half the outfield.

Here is a screenshot. Top row is the original, Bottom row is the changes.

landing.jpg

Version 3 - white circles 10% opacity and small landing circle (most difficult)

lsy2.JPG

2. B3 and B5 button icons changed to Left bumper and X button.

3. Took off the ball while pitching. unfortunately still cant find the arrows though.

*also have a version with the ball*

Instructions:

1. As always, back up everything

2. I would recommend downloading and using Jonesoft's Mod Enabler. Otherwise extract the gamedata.iff to your MLB 2k11 folder

3. Click yes to copy and replace

Please let me know if there are any problems with this file.

Enjoy!

peña1

Click here to download this file

Pena1 if you get rid of the MAX in the gamedataiff file 388 dds 25 you don't get the max popup when you hit a max pitch also. Got rid of that the other day, it really helps seeing the ball when you do hit your max pitch. Just a suggestion to make your awesome mod even better. Now if we can only find those arrows.

Pena1 if you get rid of the MAX in the gamedataiff file 388 dds 25 you don't get the max popup when you hit a max pitch also. Got rid of that the other day, it really helps seeing the ball when you do hit your max pitch. Just a suggestion to make your awesome mod even better. Now if we can only find those arrows.

how does that look for 2k11? I took it out of 2k10 and had some glitches that would show while pitching, if it looks clean for 2k11 I can check it out today. It definitely gets in the way, especially with pitchers that are quick from the stretch.

The other thing I want to find is the red circle under selected players...

Thanks for the suggestion!

Is there a tutorial or something on how to work on stuff? I see some graphics but how do you extract them, edit them? And what about the ones that say they're compressed? Like the uniforms for example? I'd like to edit the Tigers Road hats just like was done here for their home version...

But, have no idea how to do it.

The fielders always start running in the direction of the ball anyways. And i have been very succesful, making the read and adjustment when the yellow landing marker pops up..Has made the fielding alot better imo. I found it way to easy with the white circles.

Now if we can find the yellow pitch break arrows and get rid of them.,and the early/late swings pop up. I will be very happy

The fielders always start running in the direction of the ball anyways. And i have been very succesful, making the read and adjustment when the yellow landing marker pops up..Has made the fielding alot better imo. I found it way to easy with the white circles.

Now if we can find the yellow pitch break arrows and get rid of them.,and the early/late swings pop up. I will be very happy

I have been debating whether or not to take out all the white circles, still trying to decide.

I just updated the files, found a few graphic glitches that I cleaned up. Importing the buttons didn't go in clean. Testing out the MAX pop up now, no luck finding the text yet.

I have been debating whether or not to take out all the white circles, still trying to decide.

I just updated the files, found a few graphic glitches that I cleaned up. Importing the buttons didn't go in clean. Testing out the MAX pop up now, no luck finding the text yet.

I noticed the graphical errors fixed them too lol. I have no idea where those others are though.

I noticed the graphical errors fixed them too lol. I have no idea where those others are though.

EDIT": Nevermind, I goofed LOL

And please, put up a version with NO circle, I'd like to try it

I also think the pitching arrows are the same arrows to guide your fielder. They look similar to me anyway.

EDIT": Nevermind, I goofed LOL

And please, put up a version with NO circle, I'd like to try it

I also think the pitching arrows are the same arrows to guide your fielder. They look similar to me anyway.

Here's my gamedata.iff with it removed also has the max popup removed with the circles gone.Ive played two games so far without the circles. Have had a great time without the them,fielding is so much harder which is what I wanted.All props to pena1, I didnt' even think about getting rid of them until he posted this mod.

gamedata.rar

Here's my gamedata.iff with it removed also has the max popup removed with the circles gone.Ive played two games so far without the circles. Have had a great time without the them,fielding is so much harder which is what I wanted.All props to pena1, I didnt' even think about getting rid of them until he posted this mod.

Sweetness.. Thank you !

I'll try it out in a bit.. I'm watching a good CPU vs CPU game

I appreciate this. I hope I don't get lost running around the field LOL

I still wish there was a tutorial for doing this stuff and what tools (programs ) are needed.

I'd love to mess with stuff!

I tried this file but it made my game crash.

I went back to the old one

I tried this file but it made my game crash.

I went back to the old one

don't see how it could of its just blank dds files instead of the texturer.All you do is extract the dds files load them in paint.net use the eraser tool,save import back into the iff file.

don't see how it could of its just blank dds files instead of the texturer.All you do is extract the dds files load them in paint.net use the eraser tool,save import back into the iff file.

I don't know either. I'll try it again tomorrow.

EDIT: I deleted it, moved the original one in , started the game the close out.

I then put yours back in and it worked. Not sure what happened the first time.

I tried it really quick and I can see that it will be more challenging this way but I love it.

Thanks

:)

Here's my gamedata.iff with it removed also has the max popup removed with the circles gone.Ive played two games so far without the circles.
Ha-ha! Makes catching flyballs and popups more than challenging for me -- makes it impossible! A great mod, thanks. I just don't know how anyone could play like that. The small yellow circle appears too late to be able to effectively use that as a landing marker.

Ha-ha! Makes catching flyballs and popups more than challenging for me -- makes it impossible! A great mod, thanks. I just don't know how anyone could play like that. The small yellow circle appears too late to be able to effectively use that as a landing marker.

So far through three games played i have only misplayed one ball. So I am loving it.

So far through three games played i have only misplayed one ball. So I am loving it.

Really? That's good. Though I found on popups (third base batting circle for example) that's it's pretty much impossible to tell where the ball is going to come down. You have to hope you're in the general area before the yellow circle appears, otherwise you have no chance of reacting in time to catch it.

Really? That's good. Though I found on popups (third base batting circle for example) that's it's pretty much impossible to tell where the ball is going to come down. You have to hope you're in the general area before the yellow circle appears, otherwise you have no chance of reacting in time to catch it.

I haven't really had any trouble locating the ball even on those type of popups.I wish the pc had reel maker because i made a sweet catch in center field last night. Didn't quite know where it was off the bat, but knew it was smashed saw it last second and made a wall climb to rob an extra base hit.

I wish the pc had reel maker because i made a sweet catch in center field last night. Didn't quite know where it was off the bat, but knew it was smashed saw it last second and made a wall climb to rob an extra base hit.
You know, I had a similar catch against the RF wall shortly after I installed the no-circle display mod. Just started running towards the wall with no idea where the ball was, and as I arrived the yellow circle appeared. Took a couple more steps and the ball came down in my glove. Def was more exciting and immersive than staring at huge white circles on the field. Just not sure my nerves could take the constant pounding on every flyball!

Archived