Onfield Display Mod

pena1

You know, I had a similar catch against the RF wall shortly after I installed the no-circle display mod. Just started running towards the wall with no idea where the ball was, and as I arrived the yellow circle appeared. Took a couple more steps and the ball came down in my glove. Def was more exciting and immersive than staring at huge white circles on the field. Just not sure my nerves could take the constant pounding on every flyball!

It no doubts makes fly balls an adventure,but thats what i was looking for,I wanted a really high difficulty for fielding.

I suppose we could make the white circles smaller and less annoying for those that still want them.I won't go back to them love playing it without. It shouldn't be that difficult to resize them.

Resizing would be ideal IMO, as they're too big to start with. Also, Pena's mod has opacity at 50%. Maybe reducing that by half again or something, I don't know.

Ha-ha! Makes catching flyballs and popups more than challenging for me -- makes it impossible! A great mod, thanks. I just don't know how anyone could play like that. The small yellow circle appears too late to be able to effectively use that as a landing marker.

I dont' have any trouble. You just have to follow the arrows and your fielder starts in the right direction on his own.

I like it but I can see how some wouldn't

I like the pounding in my chest LOL

Great feedback and ideas from everyone. In an attempt to make the fielding as challenging and enjoyable as possible I can do a few things.

1. Make the white circles barely noticeable

2. Make the white circles smaller / take them out - I really dont like this idea too much as part of the fun of the game is having bad outfielders show half the screen as a possible landing zone

3. Make the yellow circle smaller - I already did this and for me, works very well.

ls.JPG

lsy2.JPG

ls-y.jpg

I dont' have any trouble. You just have to follow the arrows and your fielder starts in the right direction on his own.

I like it but I can see how some wouldn't

I like the pounding in my chest LOL

Yea I can see how some wouldn't like it too. But I love it lol . I have tried all our ideas and I think some would like all variations,Wouldn't be hard at all just to release several variations of the mod.

Yea I can see how some wouldn't like it too. But I love it lol . I have tried all our ideas and I think some would like all variations,Wouldn't be hard at all just to release several variations of the mod.

I hear ya, I'm going to put a few up this afternoon. What do you think about the small yellow circle? almost reminds me of world series baseball 98 hah

tiedyed, did you have any issues taking out the max? When i did the following 10 or so dds images where off... not sure why that happens

I hear ya, I'm going to put a few up this afternoon. What do you think about the small yellow circle? almost reminds me of world series baseball 98 hah

tiedyed, did you have any issues taking out the max? When i did the following 10 or so dds images where off... not sure why that happens

I haven't noticed any problems

pena, your v3 display mod (extra-light circle/no ball cursor) is fantastic and perfect for me. Thanks so much for your efforts, appreciiated.

:good: good to hear! This is what I use as well, small change that makes a world of difference.

With version 3 with ball does the gamedata file also change the buttons? I actually dont want the buttons changed....just looking for lighter white circles

Davis7 - I can upload this version later tonight

Archived