Random Freeze And Kicked To The Pause Menu

dabanara

What are your system specs? (CPU RAM, Video Card)?

Do you have any programs running in the background? (Firewall, Anti-V, Anti-Malaware, etc..)

I know the console version has freezing issues. I've played over 50 games so far on the PC and have not encountered any freezing, CTD's, etc...

Been reading around and it looks like most people with a 460 are having this problem, myself included. Sounds like a nvidia issue.. Ive tried the following and it seems like the freezing is less frequent: switch to a dvi cable, disable any antivirus, run in compatibility mode.

Anyone else with a 460 here with similar issues?

Been reading around and it looks like most people with a 460 are having this problem, myself included. Sounds like a nvidia issue.. Ive tried the following and it seems like the freezing is less frequent: switch to a dvi cable, disable any antivirus, run in compatibility mode.

Anyone else with a 460 here with similar issues?

Same here.I also use a GTX 460 and i have the same problems during playing.

I have the GTX 460 as well but in about 50 or so games played it has only happened once at a crucial moment and affected the outcome of a game or major stats. Also it only seems to happen once or twice during a game for me and sometime it doesn't happen at all. I have read that Nvidida knows of the problem but I'm not sure if they plan on addressing it or not with a patch. I wouldn't hold your breath and for me while it sucks... i still enjoy this game and video card immensely.

I have that issue too on an Geforce gt 440. I think it might be driver related though I'm not sure. Changed from the last official driver from january to the beta drivers and than the game started crashing.

P.S. I used a Geforce 9500 GT and before that there was no issue

• 3 months later...

Just letting anyone else using the gtx460 know to check your driver for updates. I believe Nvidia released a new update on 8/9/11 that fixes the occasional black screen to the pause menu problem that was occurring with this video card. I updated mine and have yet to see it happen since but still not 100% since I haven't played enough yet to find out for sure.

I am using gtx460 too. I updated to the latest official driver on 8/9/11. The problem still exists, though less frequently. I played one game yesterday without any problem, but today I got this problem again.

Archived