Problem With Modding Jerseys

gregrschmitt

This is a 2k10 question, but i stuck it here because i figured it'd get more attention here. Whenever i use the mlb/nba modding tool to edit the pirates jerseys, my changes only show up with the camera is zoomed it. For example, I changed the sleeve stripes on the jerseys from up high, to the bottom of the sleeve. Whenever i play MLB 2k10 and I zoom in the camera, I can see the changes. However, whenever the camera is regular or zoomed out my changes disapear and it goes back to regular.

Can someone fix this or possibly tell me how to?

Have you tried bumping up the detail level in the graphics settings? Funny, I had the same issue with PES 2011 a few weeks ago and some kit mods I installed. Never did figure out a fix so I just reinstalled the default files.

i dont know how to do any of that, all i know how to do is edit the .dds image files. is there anyway if i upload the .dds files someone could fix it for me? im new to all this and haven't a clue. id be extremely greatful if anyone could help.

the home, away, and alt .dds files are all the jerseys for the uniform files i included, obviously home is for home, away is for away, and alt is for the alternate.

Pirates Uniforms.zip

the solution is this. open up the file agian, and save out the green texture layer of the uniform and use a program called paint.net then resave them using the following settings. that where your problem is. you either dont have them with the right settings, or if your using photoshop, they dont always save right in 2k10 right with photoshop for some reason, where paint.net will work right. the settings.

file format: dxt5 (interpolated alpa)

compressor type: cluster fit (slow/HQ)

errormetric: Perceptual

additional options: check the box next to Generate mip maps.

the last two are the keys because there regenerating the mips that make up the depths of the uniform. if you dont use them either the color of the uniform in game gets messed up or the get pieces blending threw of the original uniform appearing threw or mips of the original still appearing.

check back if your still having issues aafter trying this.

that whole thing was like you were speaking spanish lol. i have paint.net, and i used that to edit the dds files. all i know how to do is edit the actual jersey file. i tried extracting the all green one, but i had no clue how to edit it, and i wasnt sure if i needed to change anything since i moved the sleeve stripes down on the jersey.

you dont half to change your top color layer or anything to the green layer, but as long your saving your green layer to the settings, the uniform should appear as intended, and speaking English. the guys around here know i have issues with writing to please try bear with me. just use the setting given for the green layer saving and you should be fine. if you have trouble lwe will try to help you out some more.

thanks for the help, and im sorry if i offended you. i didnt mean anything about your writing skills, what i mean was that i'm not familiar with editing things, so i was lost lol. i will try to do what you said, and ill report back in about 20 minutes on if it worked or not.

Archived