Probs With Total Installer Thingy

DonSPa

im having some probs adding portraits into game.I was wanting to add my own portrait and also some that are not in game like kendrys morales,reggie willits ,scott kazmir and others.I made the dds file and gave them the numbers that tys editor has and used the installer thingy,but the portraits show the same original ones and not the ones i worked on.Weird part is the installer added them to the portraits folder that the installer makes in the main 2k11 folder,they just dont show up in game

ty y4l its driving me nuts lol i had my own portrait in game,then i was adding other players who wasnt in game and when i did that i lost my own portrait and couldnt get it back in game again.All the ones raidersbb did are showing in game for me with no probs

im having some probs adding portraits into game.I was wanting to add my own portrait and also some that are not in game like kendrys morales,reggie willits ,scott kazmir and others.I made the dds file and gave them the numbers that tys editor has and used the installer thingy,but the portraits show the same original ones and not the ones i worked on.Weird part is the installer added them to the portraits folder that the installer makes in the main 2k11 folder,they just dont show up in game

I have the same problems, can't add anything at all with this tool. The only way I see is to use Nba2KX_ModTool. I've already looked at portrait.iff file and I can say it contains a ton of old portraits, which are not in use, which means, we have a plenty of room to work. Do you remember this thread? http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?showtopic=45198&st=0 Of course you are!!! :) That list was amazing and very useful, isn't it? Last year, I've added portraits for the Pirates AAA and AA affiliates players just using ID list, Nba2KX_ModTool and Roster Editor. If we had a list of this year, it would help us easily change the portraits.

P.s.: If you want to add your own photo in the game, I suggest you to open Nba2KX_ModTool, then find an old Garciaparras' portrait under the number 93, import your portrait, then set the portrait number of your player to 400. Your face will appear in every game mode exсept "My Player".

DonSpa- The most likely culprit is dimensions. Tell me what you are doing step by step for the creation process and I will help you out. One big step is dimensions.

When a portrait is created in photoshop it is slightly off by compatability standards. When I create the portraits I have to manually create each one and then I have to import each individually into NBA mod tool and export back out as the correct portrait number. That small step saves a lot of heachache. It slightly changes the dimensions of the portrait as well.

DonSpa- The most likely culprit is dimensions. Tell me what you are doing step by step for the creation process and I will help you out. One big step is dimensions.

When a portrait is created in photoshop it is slightly off by compatability standards. When I create the portraits I have to manually create each one and then I have to import each individually into NBA mod tool and export back out as the correct portrait number. That small step saves a lot of heachache. It slightly changes the dimensions of the portrait as well.

Very interesting. I should try this method too. thx for the advice.

IT WORKS!!!! Just added Gorkys Hernandez portrait into the game!!! THANKS, BRO!!!

mlb2k112011050812043784.png

I load a portrait onto photoshop then i add my portrait(or another portrait) over top of the original.I save it as a dds

Ill run tys editor to get my portrait numbers, for example for my own portrait the number is 7454 thru tys editor

I then reload the pic again and ill clear the background and save it again as a 7454.dds

Since ive been using raiderbball20's portrait packs ill add my new portrait or portraits into his and zip it'

Then ill run the TIT to install the new portrait packs and it runs its course and ill get the finished message

Ill go into the portraits folder that TIT has made and it shows that the new portrait has been added,but when i start the game none of the new portraits will show and it still has the old ones

ahhh cool ,ok using the mod tool to export does help at least it did on the first portrait i added thank u thank u thank u lolol

ok did other portraits as well,thank u raiders for that tip and also thank u for ur portrait packs that u had made

Archived