Mlb 2K11 Online Works!

pena1

As the topic states, online play for 2k11 works, almost perfectly actually. Over the past few evenings basesloaded74 and I have been able to get several Lag Free games in. Here a few tips if you are unable to connect or having serious lag issues:

• Run the Benchmark test after EVERY graphic change you make. I cant stress this enough!
    You want to get a reading of 70+ if possible

• From your graphic card setup, disable all Anti-Aliasing. For nvida users - switch texture filtering to HIGH PERFORMANCE as well

• Run the game in windows mode. I have no idea why this makes such a huge difference but my benchmark jumped
    from 65 to 150 by changing nothing other than this mode.

• If you are still having issues with getting a good bm reading, start changing your resolution till you can get something
    manageable

• Know your rig and have a good internet connection.

Hope this helps!

If this can get enough people playing, would there be enough interest to start up a MVP MODS online league?

Let me know :clapping:

Lets get some baseball in fellas!

UPDATED 6.15.11

As of right now, we only have one more slot left! If anyone is interested please let me know asap, I know our guys are anxious to get some ball in! :yahoo:

This is how it is shaping up, 8 teams / 52 games and 3 game playoffs. Flexible schedule, which means games can be played out of order as we are available. Custom sliders below...

Online sliders

batting contact: 45

power: 45

bunt contact: 35

success: 30

batters eye: 40

Base runner speed: 50

pickoff success: 25

catcher arm strength: 65

accuracy: 60

Fielding throw accuracy: 45

gather error freq: 70

throwing error freg: 60

Outfielder throw speed: 60

Infielder throw speed: 70

Outfielder run speed: 35

Infielder Run speed: 40

Pitch meter speed: 85

Pitch speed: 85

Break Influence: 80

Composure: 80

Control: 30

peña1

Hope this helps!

If this can get enough people playing, would there be enough interest to start up a MVP MODS online league?

Let me know :clapping:

2k has quite a few options: 4 through 30 teams / 10 through a full 162 game season. Anyone have any suggestions?

Lets get some baseball in fellas!

peña1

I'm down for that...........

great write up pena, you nailed everything we've tested, as pena has said, we've been able to run games flawless, after going through the above methods he has posted. if there is enough interest, i dont see why a league couldn't work, so if there is any interest, just let every one know in this thread.

so far thats 4 guys we have keep it up fellas. :yahoo:

I've seen this game for $20 and as long as it would be authentic (real rosters; good pitch speed; no limits on balls and strikes, not a lot of visual clutter on the screen, etc.), I'd play.

good deal gordy bro, as i've talked to pena, i'll work with him on the whole sliders system, i agree with what you've posted, pena was also speaking on this last night, as we continue test we will also be testing sliders etc, so go ahead and pick it up if you can,it will be worth it, i think we have a good thing going here, and as far as the clutter, you should'nt have that problem as 2k seems to have that optimized pretty well, that was one of my concerns with the mods in the game, how it would affect gameplay online, well after doing some test we have encountered not one problem. i'm sure pena will have plenty input on this as well, and you having the knowledge of running your league for mvp, i believe it would be a great addition. :good:

good deal gordy bro, as i've talked to pena, i'll work with him on the whole sliders system, i agree with what you've posted, pena was also speaking on this last night, as we continue test we will also be testing sliders etc, so go ahead and pick it up if you can,it will be worth it, i think we have a good thing going here, and as far as the clutter, you should'nt have that problem as 2k seems to have that optimized pretty well, that was one of my concerns with the mods in the game, how it would affect gameplay online, well after doing some test we have encountered not one problem. i'm sure pena will have plenty input on this as well, and you having the knowledge of running your league for mvp, i believe it would be a great addition. :good:

thats 6 keep up the great work guys. :friends:

Hey Pena1. I've been trying to get in a game lately online. Last night I was trying to get a game with you (man I forget my user name, but it's dirty something) when you came into the all star room, but every time I clicked on your name for some reason it would hang. Not sure if you noticed me leaving and coming back into the room or not. I was having to restart the game each time.

Also I think you might have sent me an invite 2-3 nights ago, but I wasn't around, got bored waiting and forgot I was still in the room. Then when I came back it said there was an invite and I clicked on it and said the session wasn't available any longer. ARGH!!! I just want to try getting a game in.

At a minimum, I would like to do at least a couple of innings to try it out after the patch. I just wish I could send a message to let you know if I'm planning on playing a couple of innings or the whole game.

Edit: I ramble too much so I cut some stuff out.

Zach - welcome aboard! I'll post sliders later this evening, let me know If you have any suggestions.

Daflyboys - I'm with you, we would use the latest rosters and def no lame rules. I think we can put together a very competitive league. The default all star sliders need quite a bit of tweaking, it is almost too easy to hit. As mentioned, I will post them later. 2k has options so you can have nothing on screen when you are hitting.

Kaos - I'll be online tonight, msg me when you get a chance and we can give it a shot! Make sure to do the benchmark test.

Well probably not tonight, I have a softball game, but if we do then just know it might only be an inning or two.

Luckily we are both on the west coast so that should help.

And yeah, I've done the benchmark test. I think I was around 70 with everything on high so hopefully I don't have to disable anything, but I will see.

Should be fine, but it may be a bit much. We can adjust accordingly. For the default sliders, pitch speed is set at 60 which would probably result in a lot of long sluggfest type games.

Wow great game online. Did we use those sliders? Sorry if I didn't pitch enough balls, the Pirate pitchers lack control. :)

Funny my ps3 rental for 2k11 came in today and I played a quickie there before the pc version and to me the pc version just played so much better.

But was weird it felt like there was this little hitch when batting, but not enough to really affect anything.

Im telling you, I think we have something here! Another solid game. Those were the sliders, I think we can tweak em just a bit.

Pitch speed is right on the money but the outfielders speed and arms can be toned down a bit. Anything else? Ill make the notes and re post em.

great game again! :good:

Yeah I'll say again what I said in the pm. But I can see the OF speed turned down a notch or so. But like I said I was just blown away how good it is online. I really believe a lot of people are missing out on a great game of baseball.

And this is coming from somebody that last played 2k8 on the Xbox in a couple of leagues and bought a PS3 that year solely for The Show. I haven't looked back until this year and I wanted to give this game a try again after buying The Show 11. I pretty much haven't touched the Show since I got this game.

okay, I'm confused.

I turned off anti-aliasing and went to window mode and my FPS went DOWN.

My brother and I were able to find each other online but when we would "invite" the other person to a game, it would think about it for about 20 seconds and then drop the connection. My ping rating was 4 bars and colored blue but his was colored red. He told me it was vice versa for him.

I just don't understand how to keep connected then. I opened up the ports from another post I found somewhere on the 2k site. My firewall is in "game mode" so permissions are automatically accepted.

What else can be done?

okay, I'm confused.

I turned off anti-aliasing and went to window mode and my FPS went DOWN.

My brother and I were able to find each other online but when we would "invite" the other person to a game, it would think about it for about 20 seconds and then drop the connection. My ping rating was 4 bars and colored blue but his was colored red. He told me it was vice versa for him.

I just don't understand how to keep connected then. I opened up the ports from another post I found somewhere on the 2k site. My firewall is in "game mode" so permissions are automatically accepted.

What else can be done?

in all this, i don't see that you have ran a benchmark test, if you haven't, you need to do that,if you have already, make sure your brother has as well, that bench marking as pena has said is the key.

so are there going to be injured players on the rosters for the league?

well id say yes, pena, along with all of us wants this league to be as real as possible, stat, and rotation wise, i'd love to use bsu's for the league, as his are top notch, they are the most realistic, but i guess until his are completed, we could just use 2k's as well, what do you guys think?

Archived