Cyberfaces For Beginners (2K11 Edition)

DetroitStyle

I'm not gonna lie, it's not the best lol but at least your trying! Here's my suggestion. Don't try and make a beard from scratch or take one from a photo when your first starting out. Try and copy one from another cyberface. For a full beard I HIGHLY recommend using twnlove's Jason Werth. The beard is really detailed and great to use as a base.

Also try using different blending modes so it doesn't get the painted on look. If your using photoshop google blending modes and play around with opacity so it fuses with the rest of the face.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok thanks for the tip. There's a weird thing that's been bugging me though, even though the beard looks fine in photoshop, there's always this weird dip that goes down on the left side of his face, where the beard runs to the mustache. Any reason behind this, like some sort of smile line that I should be watching out for? Or did I mess up somewhere?

post-95122-0-44788800-1313725500_thumb.j

hmm, that is strange. It might be because it's a 3d model that it gets applied to. So on the 3d model there might be a dip or bump that stretches it out. Try and compensate on the texture and it see if it fixes it. Sometimes, it's all about trial and error lol.

Some look really good leaf. You'll get better with more practice. The only issue with some is a lack of blending. You can see a skin tone "outline" of where you superimposed the real face with the cyberface. Try turing opacity down in the layer or use the spot heal tool or eraser to eliminate the outline. I saw this on Kila and moustakas. Other than that it looks great.

MosDef, I get it that you have a lot of requests that you can't wait to be fulfilled, but don't troll every thread putting requests in. This thread is for modders or anyone that can help contribute to modding which obviously you are not.

I'm especially harsh because my first post was CRYSTAL CLEAR

If you are NOT a modder do NOT, and I'll say it again DO NOT, post any requests. Only feedback and faces. If anyone posts a requests who's not a modder, you will get severely chastised by me. Thanks.

So I've decided to change things up a bit. I'm going to release packs by position, starting with catcher. Last night I finished a Jonathan Lucroy and must say that I'm quite pleased with myself. This one was a lot of fun to make. I origionally thought the eyes would turn out good with new cheeks eyebrows, facial hair, etc. but it didn't look as well as I thought. But it still looks good.

Jonathan Lucroy:

post-95292-0-00323200-1313842776_thumb.j

Improved blending:

post-95292-0-79061800-1313842811_thumb.j

On holliday at the moment so it's a bit harder to get the time to make cyberfaces, but tonight I hammered out and alex avila. This one was a pain in the @%@ to work out. The Conor Jackson cyberface is a terrible base to work with and I suggest to stay away from it.

Alex Avila:

post-95292-0-70164800-1313984064_thumb.j

post-95292-0-62186900-1313984082_thumb.j

Archived