Cyberfaces For Beginners (2K11 Edition)

DetroitStyle

Yep, it's about time we had this thread. Now that my tutorial is getting some good responses and more people are coming out modding faces it's time we ALL show off our work in a collective thread. Instead of posting several cyberface threads, use this one from now on to show off your work! Hopefully this will encourage more people to participate as a community and enjoy each other's work!

**NOTE**

If you are NOT a modder do NOT, and I'll say it again DO NOT, post any requests. Only feedback and faces. If anyone posts a requests who's not a modder, you will get severely chastised by me. Thanks.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks good but the eyebrows are HUGE lol. See, when editing the textures they get massively stretched out. So when photoshopping less is more. The smaller the feature looks (such as eyebrows) the better it will look in game. If you make it look "normal" on the texture it will be stretched out and look huge in game ha.

Looks good but the eyebrows are HUGE lol. See, when editing the textures they get massively stretched out. So when photoshopping less is more. The smaller the feature looks (such as eyebrows) the better it will look in game. If you make it look "normal" on the texture it will be stretched out and look huge in game ha.

K, should be a quick fix.

the force is strong with this one

Sorry, but I'm not quite sure what you mean by force.

Leaf, Moustakas looks great. That's one I could never really nail right. Which cyberface did you use as a base to create him?

Thanks, he is one of my best cyberface creations. I actually didn't do anything special with the base as this was I think the 4th or 5th creation. I just used to origional that came with the BSU nofakenames 18 roster.

And nice Quintero by the way, thought about doing that one myself but no need to now! :)

Seriously freaking awesome work guys! What an awesome way to get more of the community involved...way to go DetroitStyle! :clapping: From what I remember of Photoshop I was never very good with that program; but you guys are seriously making me consider learning this because it not only makes the game so much better... it looks like a blast to make these! I believe I used my 30 day free trial of photoshop already on this computer a while back... so what is the next best program of the ones listed int the tutorial to use other than Photoshop for a semi-newbie? I know basic Photoshop stuff like layers and so forth but not sure if I can afford adobe. :cray:

A couple more pre release updates to Kila Ka'ahui and Neil Walker. Just a heads up, theres this stupid little black spot just above Walker's right nostril and I've tried EVERYTHING in the book to get it to go away. Yet to no avail. I had some time on my hands today as well so I got around to completing a Wade Davis who will also be released tomorrow.

Kila Ka'ahui (Final):

post-95292-0-91180200-1313698994_thumb.j

Neil Walker (Final):

post-95292-0-39750400-1313699011_thumb.j

Wade Davis:

post-95292-0-01085600-1313699040_thumb.j

For the black spot did you change the alpha layer? The new nose may be in one position but the black spot in the alpha layer may be in a different spot. The hole opening needs to be in the exact spot in the alpha layer as the opening on the texture. Does that make any sense?

Archived