First Online Experience Not Too Good

Crites

Tried my first online game vs a human. Not very good. For some reason my keyboard controls were NOT working. I could pause the game and go into options and I checked and all the settings were correct. ButI I couldn't swing a bat at all. I don't know if it was because of something my opponent selected or because I failed to select something. Also, although I have a high speed DSL connection, when the ball was pitched to me, it had a very erratic movement. Not a slideshow, but not smooth like offline play. All in all a pretty disappointing experience. I'm glad I didn't buy this game to play online. :sad:

Edited by Crites

I see lots of people online but can never get a game going...lol. How do you even set up a game such as classic settings for others to see? Would like to try at least one online game in my lifetime...lmao!!

I was invited to play an exhibition game. I THINK what you do is go into the section you want to play in (Beginner for me) and then see who is there and invite (or be invited) to play. Not sure though and not sure how to invite someone. And each section pretty much has it's own restrictions on gameplay. There is a custom section and you may be able to play there with classic settings. I just don't know. The manual is SOOOOO informative on online play it is just amazing. :facepalm:

• 2 months later...

• same issues here....the one time I played (after 100s of attempts) the guys comp lag was so bad. Then I could not pitch right and had to bat with key board (use to using an xbox 360 controller) It got so bad I ened the game. He gave me a horrible review....rather amusing since his computer speed was so slow we couldnt get thru two innings.

I will stick with my franchise.

• same issues here....the one time I played (after 100s of attempts) the guys comp lag was so bad. Then I could not pitch right and had to bat with key board (use to using an xbox 360 controller) It got so bad I ened the game. He gave me a horrible review....rather amusing since his computer speed was so slow we couldnt get thru two innings.

I will stick with my franchise.

LOL...I also got a horrible review. I think I am ranked 50,000th :crazy: