Heres How To Use Tys Editor For Jerseys

DonSPa

There have been alot of people asking about how to install modded uniforms and the text files for the colors.When u download any unis just unzip the files into the main mlb 2k12 main folder.They shouldnt overwrite any files because most rename thier files.

Start tys editor(if u dont have it u can find it here on site)Open up whatever roster that u want to install the uniforms to.

Then go to the uniform tab on tys roster.Click on the "IMPORT" button. A new window will open ,look for the uniform text file of the uniform u are installing , click on that text file and then click on the "Open" button a lil pop uip will open that says "uniform information has been imported" Close it out and start the game up and u should now have a choice to choose the new uniforms and thier correct colors that the individual modders used.

I wanna point out with my unis,IF you play minor league games then u will wanna have 2 copies of the roster files.The reason is because at the moment I have so many modded unis that i used the minor league uniform spots until i finish my project.Once finished ill take a count and see if i have enough space with the free spaces and the spaces thats used for the cool base and see if i can fit all unis into these spots and reupload a text file or make a national league only and american league only text files.Hopefully i can fit them all without having to split the leagues

no i rename mine and they dont overwrite thats the purpose of tys editor so that u can keep the original and modded unis,thats what the import button is for.If u put my files in the folder and dont import them then they wont show up in game.Without this option then the only other option is to use the generic mod enabler.If u have ever downloaded my unis u will notice i have 2 folders one for those that dont have tys editor and those that do The ones who dont use tys editor wont see the updated colors for the names and numbers

So the .txt files you include re-direct uniform filenames within the .ROS file to the new uniform filenames?

Control your uniform mods through the roster. That's an interesting way of doing it... My apologies for not fully understanding the method.

The only downside I see is that every time there's a roster update, I'd have to re-import every .txt file for each of your uniform mods I have installed.

With the storage space available on a PC, I've always created back-up copies of original game files and stored them in a separate folder, then played the Copy/Paste game with modded uniform, portrait, overlay, and cyberface files.

yeah thats the downfall is u would have to import for every roster file,the mod enabler is a great but the downfall for that is u wont get the right colors.This is where 2k made a mess and gave uniform modders a headache 2k9 and 10 u could make color changes to the numbers and names and last year they had the bright idea"hey lets mask the colors" lol

I looked at the free spaces and the cool base spaces and i may be able to fit all into these and make 1 text file but when i start on the negro league unis there wont be enough space so I may have to make a seperate text file just for the negro leagues

oh and yes the editor redirects the file names thru the text file same as the info for like numbers on the shoulder or on the back of the helmet etc.Ty really came thru when he cracked this info

open tys editor and open whatever roster u want to add the uni. go to the uniform tab ok lets say the uniform u want to add u want to add it to slot #433 scroll down to that slot put a check into the box beside it at the top u will now see iowa cubs click on the down arrow u can now xhoose whatever team u want to assign to that slot lets say the braves scroll up and choose braves now after that theres a box at the very top that is where u want to name ur file u will want to name it something like

uniform_atb_home_2012.iff or any other name after the home_ for me i add the year of uni that i work on just make sure u have the .iff at the very end of the file name once u are done change the colors etc that u want to make ur uni, or if u want a number on the back of ur helmet make sure theres an check there. when u are done just save ur work if u want to make a text file of ur work click in export and name ur color file

• 1 year later...

I wanna point out with my unis,IF you play minor league games then u will wanna have 2 copies of the roster files.

Hey DS,

I don't follow you on the if you play minor league games part. What will happen if I play a minor league game ? will the game crash because of the unis or not update etc ?

yeah when i originally was doing the unis i replaced the minor league teams to try and get all the unis i made into the game and when i did that it made it to where if u chose a minor league game it would crash... so i ended up having to make 2 of the text files ,1 for the Al and 1 for the NL and just replaced the coolbase files and filled the extra spots on tys editor

it would have been nice if 2k didnt have that limited space,or we could had an infinite number of unis and roster space