Modding Uni's With Gimp?

TMac48

Has anyone used GIMP to edit unis before? When I try to open the "05" file in GIMP, it opens with seperate layers called "mipmaps" that appear to be just smaller versions of the main layer.

Also, I'm having a hell of a time trying to learn to mod unis. Is there anyone that has a video or a different tutorial that could help me out? i have tried the 2 part tutorial on that I downloaded on this site but for whatever reason (probably because I'm in no way "computer savvy") I am having a tough time following it.

Thanks,

Tim

ive had trouble with gimp. i use paint.net (its free) for some of the work and works and doesn't over compress stuff like gimp does on some parts.

has for away to do uniforms, its a lot trail and error, and every modder of uniforms as a slightly different way of doing them. i created a base file i use for my work. you will find a method that works for you. the key is to be sure you clear the old stuff off in thing like the name front piece if your using a totally new logo away or the piece will retain the shape of the original piece.. if you need help, one of us will help you. the other key be sure your final pieces for import are dds format. there more than just this, but part of what you need to know. just ask ? if you need to.