Mlb 2K12 Runs Slow

aherg24

Can someone please tell me how to male MLB 2k12 run faster and run smoothly. It is really lagging and is annoying. I can't even play a game it lags so much. I go into video settings and I can't change the frame rate and etc. Please help!

You need to provide some more information before anyone will be able to help. For example, what are your computer specs (CPU speed, amount of RAM, graphics card etc.). Without knowing this information, it will be hard for anyone to come up with any ideas.

I have a Pentium Dual-Core Processor, 4096 MB of RAM, DirectX 11, and I have a Toshiba Laptop.

I also got a program called GameBooster 3. It shuts down all of the backround stuff and makes games faster. It makes it faster but still lags. I found that if the camera catches any fans, it lags.

Edited by aherg24

And there's the cause -- weak integrated graphics. Using the in-game benchmark, my AMD Fusion laptop (quad-core A8-3500M w/ integrated 6620G) can put up 50+ fps at the screen's native 1366x768 resolution all day long, but only because I customized the detail settings. I suggest you do the same.

Start by turning Depth of Field and Anti-Aliasing (MSAA) off. Particle Effects showed no impact on performance for me, so you may be able to leave it on. Try it both On and Off, but only after additional adjustments. All remaining settings should be medium or low, with one exception: Anisotropic Filtering (AF). My integrated graphics is a bit more powerful than your Intel graphics, so I can actually use medium AF and still get solid performance. You may actually want to turn it off so the game defaults to Tri-linear filtering.

Just run the benchmark after each adjustment (some will require exiting the game and restarting) and try to get it to put up figures in the 50+ range steadily. If it somehow can't manage to break 50fps no matter how low you set the detail levels, then you'll have to consider lowering the resolution to a level below the screen's native resolution.