Curious---Batter's Strike Zone

tks

I noticed when batting (as User) the opaque strike zone varies in size by batter....Some quite larger than others and it does not seem to be based on size of the batter.

Does a smaller strike zone indicate the batter is tougher to strike out or does it mean he will swing at just about anything?

Also, if there is a purpose to the size I assume it is based on some sort of history.

Just curious.

I noticed when batting (as User) the opaque strike zone varies in size by batter....Some quite larger than others and it does not seem to be based on size of the batter.

Does a smaller strike zone indicate the batter is tougher to strike out or does it mean he will swing at just about anything?

Also, if there is a purpose to the size I assume it is based on some sort of history.

Just curious.

I think it's based on batter's stance/crouch, based on my observances.

The strike is zone is the distance between the batters knee, and the midpoint between his shoulders and the top of the uniform pants (that's why the tucked shirts). Some batters like Pujols and Barajas like a crouched stance, thus downsizing the strike zone and making more difficult for the pitcher to throw quality strikes

I understand the strike zone definition. I guess my point is that 2k12 isn't really consistant on showing an accurate strike zone for each batter.

Most often the top of the strike zone is shown as being letter high and even lower.

I was just curious to see if there was a valid reason for 2k12 not following the actual strike zone definition.....No big deal.... Doesn't affect game play.

I figured out the strike zone thing for the majors. But what is weird is when you play minor league games the strike zone is tiny for ALL hitters. Althought strike calls seem to be more generous. I have experienced some VERY questionable ball-strike calls by the umps. Mainly when I am pitching. When I am batting the calls seem to be pretty accurate.

Edited by Crites