Baseball Scorekeeping / Scoring

Hello all! To all you seasoned veterans of MVPMods, I'm back from the dead to ask the best online baseball community I know a few questions about a newer hobby of mine: keeping score. While I'm curious how many of you score games and what style you use, I'm also looking for information on who would be considered 'industry experts' in scorekeeping, any history about it, definitive rules (if there is a hard standard), and any other relevant information.

I found Henry Chadwick through a nice post from Y4L about the origin of the box score in this thread. But I'm still seeking more information. Can anyone provide any insight or point me to some good books or resources?

Disclaimer: I already know how to score games. I just want to go deeper. I consider scorekeeping to be an art, and one worthy of exploration.

Cheers!

Thanks!

Yeah, that book was on my wish list, and I actually just purchased it! :D I'm hoping that it will provide a lot of the history aspects and information I am looking for. Although, based on its reviews, I'm not sure if it will present any sort of standards for scorekeeping, but I'll keep looking around.