Defensive Swing

crogall

Hello everybody. I really like this game and I play it especially cos I didn't particularly enjoyed the 2k Baseball series... But I found that the "Defensive Swing" option in 2k games was realistic cos as far as I know this sport the batter doesn't always swing to get an hit sometimes he just need to defende the plate and put it in foul staying alive at bat especially when he has 2 strikes. Is it possible somehow in MVP Baseball to swing in a defensive matter trying to get a foul? Any advice or tip about your own tactic at bat on this matter? Thanks a lot and also tx for the nice Modding and Updates you provided.

Well first off I think you make the wrong assumption that a defensive swing is primarily in an effort to try to get a foul ball. A defensive swing is done in an effort to make contact, no matter how slight, because the pitch is too close to the K zone to let it go, with the hope that it will be put in play to or through a hole. I'm also assuming you're not talking about a check swing which I assume you now how to do. I think that about the only thing close to a defensive swing would be to not move the location (left) stick too erratically in any direction or even at all. In fact, depending on what you're trying to accomplish, possibly moving it slightly horizontally left or right might bring that effect, as might up or down.

Thanks for reply.... perhaps not moving the left stick at all should be an option... cos I don't think that game distinguish between a slight move of the left stick, let's call it "half a movement in any direction", and a full and hard one in any direction.... I think that the game take the movement as a direction and so perhaps not moving this left stick could be something similar to a defensive swing....