Mvp 13 Uninstall

vfabs31

I've owned MVP '05 for quite some time and recently got into mods. I tried the MVP 13 mod from this site, but now I can't seem to get rid of it. Even if I uninstall and reinstall the game, if I try to open the game from the desktop I get the mod, and if I try to open it from program files, it tries to open '05 but then immediately "encounters a problem," and crashes. What do I do now?

This seems like an odd problem and immediately I am wondering if you installed it wrong, but let me see. Now you are saying that you uninstalled the Mvp 13 mod and when you try to reinstall the game you still have the Mvp 13 mod? This I can't figure out. What are you trying to reinstall? The game off the CD or something else?

And just for curiosity's sake why did you want to uninstall the Mvp 13 mod?

At first I didn't know where to look to get rid of it. Then I found another thread here that said to uninstall the whole game and then reinstall it. Having done that, I found that the mod is still here.

As for why I want to uninstall it, I didn't like how it affected pitching. There were some other minor issues (like the fact that all the players seem to be 5-10 years too young. Unless Jurickson Profar actually is 12 years old), but that was the main one

• 2 months later...

I'm having this same problem. I tried reverting back to MVP 2005 after installing MVP 12, and it still opened up '12 even though I uninstalled everything from '12. I deleted the entire MVP Baseball 2005 folder after uninstalling, re-installed a fresh version of 2005, installed MVP '13, and it still loads '12. It's like it is pulling the files from some hidden place I can't find.

ive noticed people saying this about other mods, from time to time as well, and no one seems to have an answer yet. Id say its all very odd considering the mods have their own peculiar installer to get layed over the MVP05 files.

you may need to go through everything MVP,EA, your Downloads and anywhere else the 13 mod might have been and make sure you delete everything you find. if you used separate folders during install, delete them. everything. (just witch hunting there)

also, when you reinstall MVP05 from disc, you should get the option to install it somewhere other then its created EA folder. Id try doing just that, create a new place to install MVP05 off your discs and hopefully, that will do it.........

• 4 months later...

I had this problem also at one time. To correct it I now rename all the install folders to each MVP complete mod to the season I used..MVP13 or MVP1958, and so on, I rename the folders and properties in the all programs list also and the desktop shortcut. That way you can have as many Mods loaded as you want. When I want one off instead of uninstalling I delete that years folders then run CC registry cleaner. Of course you can only save as MVP2005 in season, but I just move all my saves to renamed folders under there year listed then if you want to go back a different year you was playing you have a backup of the save you did, put it in the MVP2005 folder in My documents and you are ready to go.