Got A Problem, Need Help Please...

peterosefan

Got a problem (MLB2K12) that just started out of the blue recently that I hope someone can help me fix. I'm 6 or 7 games into a new season and now I can't even get through the bottom of the first without the screen going black. When it does this I can still hear the crowd for a little bit, my pc sounds like it's working harder, and then the sound goes away and I have to reboot my pc to get back to the desktop. Anybody have any ideas ??? Would appreciate anyall help ! Thanks !!!

Got a problem (MLB2K12) that just started out of the blue recently that I hope someone can help me fix. I'm 6 or 7 games into a new season and now I can't even get through the bottom of the first without the screen going black. When it does this I can still hear the crowd for a little bit, my pc sounds like it's working harder, and then the sound goes away and I have to reboot my pc to get back to the desktop. Anybody have any ideas ??? Would appreciate anyall help ! Thanks !!!

You know what? I had something similar happen to me this spring with both the NBA 2K and MLB 2K games. Obviously these games use a lot of graphics card horsepower and especially if you are adding the graphics/color enhancements on them (like I do). Anyway my games were starting to stutter and then go black. I could still hear the crowd noises like you described and I had to shut down the PC.

I thought this was strange because I was running these on a dedicated Gaming PC and I took the side panel of the case off to see if the GPU fan was clogged with dust or something. I typically run a program in the background called "GPU Temp" (it's free) and the damn temp on my GPU was up to 90+ degrees CELSIUS. That's way hotter than the averages (which are around 50-75 degrees celsius). So the problem wasn't dust...the entire fan on my GPU/Video Card had stopped and the only thing dissipating the heat was the thankfully large heatsink on the card. Luckily, through the warranty of the card, they sent me a brand new fan/heatsink combo for free and I just had to supply the thermal compound and install it myself.

The temperatures went back to normal and I haven't had any further problems. Except for the obvious issues of making sure you have the latest video card drivers installed, your problem could potentially be "heat" related...so you might want to check that out.

Best of luck to you, I know this stuff can be frustrating at times.

Dennis

Thanks for the reply Dennis, I'll be sure to check that out. The only thing is it only happens in the bottom of the first and I've actually caught it before the screen goes completely black by repeatedly hitting the 10 button on my Logitech rumble pad controller. No problems for the rest of the game. I've never had any problems with this game before and like I said above, I was 6 or 7 games into the new season before the problem started. Can't quite figure out why all of a sudden i've got this problem. Like you said, frustrating !

• 2 weeks later...