Mysterious Download On 12/8/13

Hollywood70

Hi everyone -- I fired up 2K12 to play some baseball tonight, and after the game started, it connected to 2K Sports and did some kind of download that took about 20 seconds. I can't figure out what it was, nothing seems different.. Anyone have any ideas? Was thinking patch for a brief hopeful moment.

I was following this post, hoping that someone else would have noticed this "update" for want of a better term. Alas it seems it either went unnoticed by everyone else or was maybe a delayed update on your part. Could this be possible?

The reason I'm so interested is the fact that I have lost my connection to 2K Sports, it comes up with a bad password message. I informed 2K about this, only to be told that the servers were shut down or some such message as of a certain date and it wouldn't matter. The reply was sent by a 2K person of said company, but the message was more or less a copy or quote, from a notice or a past statement by 2K, stating that the servers could be shutdown sometime in the future without any prior notice on their part. My understanding is that people are still able to download rosters and DNA or whatever from those pages, its just I can't. So I'm hoping for more input on anything pertaining to connecting to 2K online.