Baseball Audiobook Of The Month

Yankee4Life

This month marks the tenth anniversary of Mvpmods and in honor of that I am going to be posting a baseball audio book once a month for the rest of the year.

You are encouraged and welcome to download these books and I hope you enjoy listening to them as much as I did.

Audiobooks are fine but nothing beats having the book in your hand. That's personal opinion of course.

The book of the month will remain online for the entire month and then will be removed when it is time for the next one to be uploaded. This means when July comes you want to go back and get the book that was uploaded in April, it will not be there.

Enjoy the books!

February Book of the Month: The Teammates - A Portrait of a Friendship.

Written by David Halberstam and read by Tate Donovan.

Unabridged, 5 CDs /6 hours.

The%20Teammates%20-%20A%20Portrait%20of%

The Teammates is the profoundly moving story of four great baseball
players who have made the passage from sports icons -- when they were
young and seemingly indestructible -- to men dealing with the vulnerabilities
of growing older. At the core of the book is the friendship of these
four very different men -- Boston Red Sox teammates Bobby Doerr, Dominic
DiMaggio, Johnny Pesky, and Ted Williams -- who remained close for more
than sixty years.

The book starts out in early October 2001, when Dominic DiMaggio and
Johnny Pesky begin a 1,300-mile trip by car to visit their beloved friend
Ted Williams, whom they know is dying. Bobby Doerr, the fourth member
of this close group -- "my guys," Williams used to call them -- is unable
to join them. Doerr is back in Oregon tending to his wife of sixty-three
years, who has suffered a second stroke. Acclaimed author David Halberstam
has given us a book -- filled with historical details and first-hand
accounts -- about baseball and about something more, the richness of
friendship.

LINKS

Removed on March 1st. I hope whoever downloaded this enjoyed it.

• 1 month later...

The Book of the Month for March is The Long Ball - Summer of '75 - Spaceman, Catfish, Charlie Hustle & Greatest World Series Ever Played.

The%20Long%20Ball.jpg

Book Description.

The 1975 World Series between the Boston Red Sox and the Cincinnati Reds is generally considered the best of all time, and baseball historians often rank its sixth game as the greatest single game ever played. In this resoundingly acclaimed bestseller, Tom Adelman tells the story of the season that led up to that classic Series and then delivers the inside pitch on those amazing seven games.

I will be doing something different this month for this book since I had no idea if anyone downloaded last month's book and I want to be sure that I am not just wasting my time here because I can find other things to do. I see too many people uploading their mods here and they hardly get a thank you or some kind of comment. Those guys are not here because they work for you and I, they are here because they donate their own time and skills to improve Mvp 05 or the 2k game.

Ok, off my soapbox.

However if you want this book then you come in this thread and make a post saying that you'd like it. That's it. Then I will provide you with the links for this because this is a full and unabridged audio reading of this book. It's twelve CD's. And if anyone thinks I am going to upload twelve CD's that no one plans on downloading then...well I won't answer that.

in the sumer of 49, For me the human side is alway the most relevant, the numbers are just that, Hablerstam just nailed those first person acounts , i realy like the Hienrich picture with the kid bouncing the ball of his room wall!

in the sumer of 49, For me the human side is alway the most relevant, the numbers are just that, Hablerstam just nailed those first person acounts , i realy like the Hienrich picture with the kid bouncing the ball of his room wall!

I'm telling you Mac you can lose yourself in baseball books.

Two books you may like are Baseball in '41 by Robert W. Creamer and Luckiest Man - The Life and Death of Lou Gehrig by Jonathan Eig. You won't go wrong with either one of them.

• 1 month later...