Enter Serial #??

tlaxa

I am a licensed owner of the MLB 2K12 and tried to start the game for the first time in about 5-6 months and i get this message:  

"This software must be authenticated online prior to use. For activation a valid serial number and an active Internet connection is required. 

Please visit our support homepage for additional information: https://support.securom.com/PAunlock/?c=3000"

I've been playing this game for years and never had a problem or been asked for this.  

Has anyone ever encountered this issue?  Any information on how to resolve this?  

I've googled it and haven't been able to find any answers.  Thanks in advance for you help - I just want to fire up the game to start the new 2016 season!

first have tried entering in sn. this resolve it

id failed then lekly its been neted the maximum times allowed and it wont aeecpet it. ibnn which case your going to need to teamil/contact 2ksports to resolve this. 

this the short answer to what you need to to do.

And if they do relent, it will be a one time only  deal. I was foolish and bought my digital download of MLB2K12 on Amazon and merrily loaded and unloaded to various computer rebuilds of mine until that fateful day I too received that message. I was also foolish enough to test their "ok, one time but that's it" policy. No amount of of whining , crying and foul language would move them. My only recourse was to buy a used game disc on amazon or a PS4 to play the other baseball game, I chose the used game disc. I was fortunate enough to find one for $50  but you will be had pressed to get one for less then $100 now. So... If they relent and give you a one time only code, never ever for any reason take the game off of your computer.

2K Support are being real jerks about this and won't assist because I can't find the original discs or packaging.  I bought this game in 2011 and have moved several times since and the original packaging must have been lost in one of the moves.  I have been playing this game every year since from my hard drive without any problems until just last week when this message came up.  Unless I take a photo of the packaging or discs they won't assist.  If I had the original discs I wouldn't need their support!