Custom Sliders reset themselves to Rookie numbers

mjvbosox

The 'Rookie' difficulty sliders have seemed to overwrite my 'Custom' sliders...

I have spent the better part of two years tweaking the difficulty sliders to my custom liking, and have been playing more than half the season of a Franchise mode very satisfied with my custom difficulty settings. Last night I played a game using those settings and everything was fine. Game ended, Franchise auto-saved, and I quit without ever touching the difficulty sliders. When I loaded my Franchise today to play the next game, I noticed the gameplay was off.. slow pitch meter, very easy hitting and base running for me, lots of strikeouts for the CPU hitters.. so I went to check the difficulty sliders and although I was using the 'Custom' set, I could see many of the sliders were not where I had set them. In fact, I tabbed over to the 'Rookie' set and realized all the numbers there were identical to my 'Custom' sliders. The Rookie sliders somehow became my Custom sliders and I seem to have lost all the work I put into getting the gameplay just right.

Has this happened to anyone else? Any idea how this could have happened or how to retrieve my custom sliders I had worked so long to tune? The default Difficulty Sliders file I have saved is close (except for a few minor adjustments), but I don't know how to apply those to a current Franchise without going through manually and reconfiguring everything.

• 2 years later...
On 7/23/2017 at 1:22 PM, mjvbosox said:

The 'Rookie' difficulty sliders have seemed to overwrite my 'Custom' sliders...

I have spent the better part of two years tweaking the difficulty sliders to my custom liking, and have been playing more than half the season of a Franchise mode very satisfied with my custom difficulty settings. Last night I played a game using those settings and everything was fine. Game ended, Franchise auto-saved, and I quit without ever touching the difficulty sliders. When I loaded my Franchise today to play the next game, I noticed the gameplay was off.. slow pitch meter, very easy hitting and base running for me, lots of strikeouts for the CPU hitters.. so I went to check the difficulty sliders and although I was using the 'Custom' set, I could see many of the sliders were not where I had set them. In fact, I tabbed over to the 'Rookie' set and realized all the numbers there were identical to my 'Custom' sliders. The Rookie sliders somehow became my Custom sliders and I seem to have lost all the work I put into getting the gameplay just right.

Has this happened to anyone else? Any idea how this could have happened or how to retrieve my custom sliders I had worked so long to tune? The default Difficulty Sliders file I have saved is close (except for a few minor adjustments), but I don't know how to apply those to a current Franchise without going through manually and reconfiguring everything.

*Thread is old but I am going to answer for people looking for this answer in the future*

If you go into the sliders and change ONE value on any of the preset sliders (Rookie, etc), the whole preset (including the ONE value you changed) will now become your new "custom" and there is no way to get the original custom settings back within that franchise (that i know of ) unless you have them written down somewhere and changed them back one by one.

This mistake is easy to do, for instance, if you are trying to compare a custom setting you have with a preset to see if its bigger or smaller (for tweeking purposes) and you press down on the joystick rapidly and you accidently slightly press to the left or right thus changing the value of the setting that is highlighted at the moment. The moment you do that, your screwed. 

I have phone screenshots of my settings to ensure i can set them back manually if i accidently overwrite them.

I suspect you unintentionally did this and maybe didnt even notice. Other then that explanation, I dont know of any reason.

Archived