Questions about roster updates

tinpanalley

I've been reading a lot about the development of 2K12 that has happened in the last couple of years. A couple of things are unclear to me, if anyone can shed some light, I'd appreciate it.

First - When we say, rosters crash in Franchise mode, what do we mean exactly? When? In using the Franchise mode over several years? With regular settings active? I never play more than one season of any sports game and stop at the end of the year. I control all teams and also never play with transactions or injuries on and pay no attention whatsoever to draft issues. I just realised most people do play with all those features though, except maybe they don't control all teams. So, is this likely to crash for me? Or is it only when you start messing with roster numbers and going into off-season drafts?

Second - Is there anyone who lives, eats, and breathes 2K on PC in this community that can simply tell all of us what the smoothest route to a 2K update involves? Clearly it's not as simple as pick a roster, pick some portraits, pick some cybers, etc. Would it be ok to get the 2K15 mod and try different updates to that from the downloads section?

If someone who knows the game well can help me out, I'd really appreciate it.

Archived