Site format suggestion

Gordo

I believe I mentioned this before, but I think the number of posts on a given page is too many.  When you have a thread that is especially sporting a lot of images, the page takes longer to load.  Conversely, the home page showing the latest postings seems too short.  It's only showing the 10 latest.  I would bump that to 20-25.

1 hour ago, Gordo said:

I believe I mentioned this before, but I think the number of posts on a given page is too many.  When you have a thread that is especially sporting a lot of images, the page takes longer to load.

What would be great is some sort of plugin that puts a collection of photos in a boxed gallery so you can click in there and browse if you want but it doesn't tax the loading of the page if you don't want to look.

I think a semi-related thing is how the forums are broken down.  The subcategories make sense and are great.  For example we have:

MVP Baseball 2005

•  Total Conversion Mods
  •  Classics
  • Tutorials
  •  Mod Requests
  •  Mod Announcements
  •  Mod Previews
  •  Dynasties
  •  Support

All very logical.  But then within the main category itself, in this example MVP Baseball 2005, members can still make entries instead of the proper category.  Seems like there should be the main heading, but then a new thread or response needs to apply to one of the sub-categories (see Operation Sports).  It is probably too late to change it now, but just a thought.

Archived