SUPER MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL

madved18

I am happy to announce that I have released version 1.2 of SUPER MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL for the game Super Mega Baseball 2.  Follow the link below to see the update and all its glory.  I must say as a fan of MVP 05 and MLB2k12 and their mods I wasn't sure how SMB2 would fair.  Well I can tell you I think its awesome.  It is a bit simple in aspects but the core parts of the game are very much simulation like.  Sure the graphics are a gas and the theme is very arcade like but under the hood the game play is outstanding.  Please give it a go if interested the game is on the summer sale on Steam right now.  This mod only works for the P.C. version of the game.

Download link------>  https://www.reddit.com/r/SuperMegaBaseball/comments/8upr3e/super_major_league_baseball_is_here/

TEAM RANKINGS

30 bars

Houston Astros

New York Yankees

29 bars

L.A. Dodgers

Boston Red Sox

Chicago Cubs

28 bars

Cleveland Indians

Arizona Diamondbacks

Washington Nationals

Seattle Mariners

Colorado Rockies

27 bars

Milwaukee Brewers

Atlanta Braves

St. Louis Cardinals

Philadelphia Phillies

L.A.A. Angels

S.F. Giants

Oakland Athletics

Toronto Blue Jays

New York Mets

26 bars

Minnesota Twins

Tampa Bay Rays

Pittsburgh Pirates

Cincinnati Reds

Texas Rangers

S.D. Padres

Baltimore Orioles

Kansas City Royals

25 bars

Detroit Tigers

Chicago White Sox

Miami Marlins

Here is a pic of the team rankings in order------> https://imgur.com/a/EjFOLEq

Today I launch update 1.2 of the Super Major League Baseball!!!

First you will see the above table of teams and their overall Power rankings. After plugging in all of the stats this is how everything shook out. You can see that according to current power rankings and standings the teams and players are ranked very accurately. There are a few outliers but even those are not that far off. This update has many adjustments to the stats formula and according to the playtesters and myself the game is playing better than ever. All tests were done between 50-75 ego and at 75 I was getting slaughtered so I find 65-70 seems to be the sweet spot for me at the moment. I am a good video baseball game player so a beginner may need to go below 50 to find a good starting point. I have played a full 162 game season with outstanding results with the difficulty of the game, the variety of games(1-0 pitching duels and 15-3 blowouts and everything in between) and similar results with the Sim aspect of the game as well. (we will know more when we get access to all teams stats during the season, with the next game patch)

While I have yet to play the original SMB2 teams vs. my MLB teams looking at the metrics my teams would be overpowering with everything else equal. The pitcher ratings are high compared to the original teams but they translate very well to the MLB type of gameplay I am trying to achieve. We are after all living and playing in the time of the Home Run and the Strike Out! This brings me to the Game Simulation results which have been very realistic and even more so in version 1.2

SO WHATS NEW IN VERSION 1.2?

1. For starters I have redone almost all the logos and all but 3 or 4 are complete and top notch. (see Alt. Tigers uniform)

2. Updated all players to look like their real-life counterparts…

3.Updated all pitchers with the correct pitch selection, proper windups and arm slot angles

4. Updated uniforms for many teams including throwbacks for Padres, Angels, A’s, Yankees, White Sox, Rays, Royals, Mariners, Rangers, Cardinals, Phillies, and many, many more

5. Adjusted the speed of all players to get rid of sluggish game play allowing for simple grounders to be outrun to first. This has increased the speed of defensive play and base running at the same time making double play frequency more realistic and overall game play is much more like a real baseball game. No offense to SMB2 but at times it feels sluggish to me.

6. Double checked all teams and feel I have the best players for each team but I am sure I have missed some up and comers so let me know if you think I need to add anyone

7. Adjusted all the pitchers in the game to have the same average velocity as their real life counter parts…I used the average fastball speed of each pitcher to allow for the ups and downs of Mojo to keep the velocity in the realistic range (unless they are Juiced and Jacked and then its just what it is…Colon may just throw a 104mph fastball. Maybe Mojo is just code for steroid injections?) sources for pitchers: Pitcherlist.com/ Baseballrefrence.com/ Brooksbaseball.net/ the spreadsheets for SMB2 on reddit.com (thanks to all who contributed)

8. Updated all players secondary positions to reflect their real-life counterparts (some concessions were made due to lack of DH)

9. Updated every team to reflect realistic daily line-ups (concessions were made for A.L. teams without D.H.)

10. Updated all the teams to their home stadiums or as close as I could. For example, the teams that play in domes are all in the Bingata Bowl, and the New York teams are in Apple field while the Dodgers are in Swagger Center(lowlywood) just to name a few. If you are going to play a season see this paragraph** about how I made the A’s the only team to play in Emerald so it was my home field. You will have to do the same if you want a different field as your home.

**A few tips if I may…When playing a season set your home field as the only team to play in that particular stadium and adjust other teams accordingly. For example I play as the A’s so they are the only team to play at the Emerald Palace field (killer whales) so I changed all the other teams to other stadiums trying to use whatever characteristics to find a close match to their actual home stadiums.

One more small tip...when playing the P.C. on @60 ego and above, some pitchers can be very hard to hit(any Astros starter or Yankees reliever for example).  The key is to drag them into deep water, you must take 1 or 2 strikes on every batter especially if the pitcher has high mojo.  Where them down and by inning 3-6 you can start to time them better.  This game can be harsh if you are used to swinging at every pitch, as in real life baseball patience is key.  Get a hitters count before you swing!

ORIGINAL THREAD HERE---->https://www.reddit.com/r/SuperMegaBaseball/comments/8jwbfv/mlb_rosters_are_here/

SOURCES

MLBdepthchart.com

MLBtheshownation.com

Pitcherlist.com

Brooksbaseball.net

Baseballrefrence.com

Various MLB scouting reports

ESPN.com/Foxsports.com

• 2 weeks later...

SUPER MAJOR LEAUGE BASEBALL ALL-STAR UPDATE!!!

https://imgur.com/a/3vfZWca

Today I am happy to release version 1.3 of Super Major League Baseball...

What is new in version 1.3?

1. I have added all-star rosters/stats/uniforms/logos/all players match their in game models. Home field is Apple field for the All-Star teams. This was a lot of fun to create.

2. I have reduced power numbers for less powerful hitters while keeping the better power hitters where they are. This has helped the eliminate issue of non power hitters hitting too many long balls.

3. I have used overall team metrics to make slight adjustments in the team ratings scale. The list here is current all older rankings are void for version 1.3.

4.Made all current trades and roster moves including recent call-ups and demotions.

5. The game balance in version 1.3 is exactly where I think it should be at this point. I will only make roster changes and slight adjustments to player attributes going forward as I do believe I have achieved a good balance while keeping the challenge of facing MLB rosters.

29 bars

Houston Astros

Boston Red Sox

New York Yankees

Chicago Cubs

28 bars

Seattle Mariners

Cleveland Indians

Milwaukee Brewers

Atlanta Braves

L.A. Dodgers

27 bars

Arizona D-Backs

Wash. Nationals

St. Louis Cardinals

Philadelphia Phillies

L.A. Angels

Toronto Blue Jays

26 bars

Oakland Athletics

S.F. Giants

Tampa Bay Rays

Colorado Rockies Minnesota Twins

Pittsburgh Pirates

25 bars

Detroit Tigers

Cincinnati Reds

New York Mets

S.D. Padres

Texas Rangers

24 bars

Miami Marlins

Chicago White Sox

Baltimore Orioles

Kansas City Royals

I really appreciate all of the feedback from people who have downloaded my previous rosters. You do not have to have downloaded the others to use this version as it as all the others stands on its own. Do keep in mind if you are in the middle of a season if you download the update if will make the current season unplayable so finish the one you are in if that is an issue. I will say this version is much better and the power of hitters is much more balanced while keeping the fun and excitement of the MLB and its current Strikeout/ Home run crazyness that is going on.

Download for SMLB All-star update version 1.3---->https://db.tt/gJ1QiSyN8Q

Here is a link to the original thread with picture lists of all the teams/players/attributes ect. I have to update some of the pictures for version 1.3 so give me a few days for that please. In the meantime the stats are obviously in game if you need them for XBOX and PS4 guys I will get them updated asap.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SuperMegaBaseball/comments/8jwbfv/mlb_rosters_are_here/

2018-07-11 (54).png

2018-07-11 (51).png

• 8 months later...

Archived