Need Guidance for MVP Baseball 2005 Mods list

reza.f

Dear All

Greetings

I actually already become member of this forum since 2007, and already modified my MVP baseball 2005 into MVP baseball 2008 with 2009/2010 rosters.

After that i am vacuuumed not play this game and wish to waiting another MLB game, and from all, still i love the mechanism of 2005 and wish EA will continue make new series of this game in near future.

Btw, as i juts installing again my game from basic game MVP baseball 2005, i try to modified into 2018, but the game is crash several times, so anyone please guide what kind of mods that i had to install first from the basic game and so on until the lattes update.

Pls kindly guide me for this of directing me to the related article that ever discuss about this.

Thanks

Additional, i play this in PC version

Hi Reza ..... basically you need to establish a new "base" of your game.  The 2005 disks put the original base on your game.  When you install a total conversion mod, think of it as a new base of your game.   The last total conversion mod was 2015.  It updated everything.  But some people had trouble with it once installed.   I posted something a while back about how to get around that.   I'll copy/paste it here:

On 4/20/2018 at 10:39 AM, Gordo said:

If you're having trouble running MVP 15 Total Conversion mod, here's some suggestions on what you can do.  This is not in reference to not running on Windows 10.  That's a separate matter.

ALTERNATE SET UP FOR MVP UPDATING VERSUS MVP 15 TCM:

Method 1:

• If you don't have a "virgin" install of 2005, do that, add official EA patch 3; then copy that entire folder and keep it to the side for later installs.  IOW, always have a "base" copy from which to work.
  • From your base install, install MVP 2012 over that.   Makes sure it runs a practice game, at least a few pitches or half inning.
  • Now start adding things.  Start with cyber faces.  But here's where you need to be careful.   A few cyberface makers do NOT use the official IDs.  So the 3 files contained in a cyberface pack for a given player may be something completely different from the number that it should be.  But you can change those numbers on those 3 files, rezip the file and install with TiT.
  • Don't add too many at one time before checking (checking in the manager's area/edit player is a good place to look at the new face).  Otherwise, it may be hard to tell what's crashing a game (i.e., you'll have too many variables.

Method 2:

• Install the 2012 mod as stated.
  • Install the 2015 mod to another base copy of 2005.
  • Take the "model.big" file from the 2015 install and place it into the 2012 folder in the proper area.  This way you'll have 2015 cyberfaces and won't have as much updating to do.

Also, report back what you find.  Too many guys come here and post questions and never report findings, especially if successful, so that current and future members might benefit.  Try to help out the community once in a while.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Gordo,

Haven't played this game in a long time, however, having followed your instructions the 15 TCM works!

Next step is to install your latest 2019 roster update. I am wondering any recommendations on which cyberfaces to install?

Let me know.

Thanks for all your contributions!

These are completed.  I think they look pretty good in the game.  Will post soon with the corrected roster.  Philthepat still needs to adjust certain portraits he did if he's still around as he didn't use the correct portrait numbers.

Archived